Google Removes Ability To View Images, Now Requires You To Save Them To Your Account.

wyattzx

Right click>view image? I was doing this prior to this update to get the full size image and it still works just fine.

26 minutes ago, mynameisnick4 said:

Right click>view image? I was doing this prior to this update to get the full size image and it still works just fine.

Yup, you just have to wait for the image to fully load if you're on a slow connection before doing that though. Otherwise it won't give you the proper link.

10 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yup, you just have to wait for the image to fully load if you're on a slow connection before doing that though. Otherwise it won't give you the proper link.

Sometimes it never does

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Good time to make the permanent switch to duckduckgo.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

14 minutes ago, corsairian said:

Can't I just screenshot the image? Won't have to save it at all. 

You'd be better off just right-clicking and saving it; then there would at least be a chance of getting the original at full res.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Sometimes it never does

I haven't had that problem yet.

Much more annoyingly, they seem to have also removed the "find more sizes of this image" button, forcing you to right click the image, reverse image search, then click the button to see larger sizes of the image. 

On 2/18/2018 at 3:14 AM, Aeternalis said:

Especially political and social related things. Google is pretty much the king of censorship.

Yep, people really need to spend a little bit of time comparing search terms in all the engines, because sometimes the results are rather alarming.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

20 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Yep, people really need to spend a little bit of time comparing search terms in all the engines, because sometimes the results are rather alarming.

A friend showed me some a while back and it wasn't just alarming, it was confusing, like, it was obvious that it was not the raw results of the search AI or however it works, they had clearly been tampered with to favour certain (frankly less accurate and less relevant) results.

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

A friend showed me some a while back and it wasn't just alarming, it was confusing, like, it was obvious that it was not the raw results of the search AI or however it works, they had clearly been tampered with to favour certain (frankly less accurate and less relevant) results.

I would expect differences in the algorithms to return different results, especially given just how much content there is to filter through.  However when using metrics like word count, topic relevance and popularity alongside publication date, all search engines should come close spitting out the same results.  The only thing that should really separate google from bing should be the amount of content cached for searching.  So when you get 3 negative articles about trump on one search engine and 3 positive results on another with everything else being almost identical (or at least legitimate due to search metrics) on the first page is concerning. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

14 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I would expect differences in the algorithms to return different results, especially given just how much content there is to filter through.  However when using metrics like word count, topic relevance and popularity alongside publication date, all search engines should come close spitting out the same results.  The only thing that should really separate google from bing should be the amount of content cached for searching.  So when you get 3 negative articles about trump on one search engine and 3 positive results on another with everything else being almost identical (or at least legitimate due to search metrics) on the first page is concerning. 

It wasn't even a comparison to another search algorithm, it was just the google results alone.  They were weird enough to stand on their own