PG279Q vs PG278QR

Squanchy

Hey all,

The infamous debate between IPS and TN... So I've done some looking around on forums a lot and I have found a ton of threads on the differences between both of these, But I figured I'd ask because my mind is stuck. Hopefully someone can sway me one way or the other.

Right about to purchase a new monitor for gaming, I've done intensive research on some models. Came down to either these two.. Now I want to get the 279 because of the IPS... But The horror stories of ridiculous amount of back light bleed / IPS glow kind of sway me to get the TN which I have heard has near perfect QC. Now I understand that IPS panels will have "IPS Glow" it's the downside of having IPS, However from quite a few reviews I've seen it can get pretty bad. Which once again is making me sway towards the TN panel. Anyone know if lately the problems with the 279 are better this time of year?

I know the Acer predator shares the same panel and is cheaper, but I really would rather spend the extra for the better stand and the better OSD.

I tell myself to just get the TN, but then I think about how much i'm spending and tell myself might as well get the IPS...

In the end, Anyone have opinions on which to get? It will be solely for gaming. 

The QC is better now than it was before. Anyway, if you are already spending several hundreds of $ on monitor, TN makes no sense.

AOC AG271QG is the cheapest vs ASUS and Acer and has the best stand but the OSD menu is pretty basic. Panel is the same, you may experience the same QC issues.

I got mine close to the release date and my panel is almost flawless. Very minor amount of glow visible only under very specific circumstances.