A_person

How to factory reset a iPhone 7

You'll need iTunes, I think. I don't know if you'll need the passcode or not. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

i recently got a iphone 7 from a friend but it turns out that he doesn't  remember the password. i just need to reset the phone and don't need any of the data. 
I don't have itunes or the login for any apple account.

well maybe he has it to set so after 15 tries it auto factory resets if not then I think you have to go to the apple store, best buy, etc .

I am scared of normal people, I like RGB   I enjoy, memes, food, and sleep. I try to workout but its tough lol also anime is life

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

I would say I have been a gamer all my life but I don't have one lol

to breakout the slammer you need a sledge hammer

4 minutes ago, A_person said:

he forgot the password so the phone is a brick

I dont get it. How does one forget a password? Do they use a random number generator for every password or what?

Posted · Best Answer

POST THE SPECIFICATIONS OF YOUR COMPUTER IN YOUR QUESTION FOR EASIER HELP

Main Laptop: HP Envy M6 AE-151DX, Intel Core i5-5200u (Broadwell Dual Core), 8GB DDR3, Intel HD 5500 Graphics, 240GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SATA 6.0Gb/s and 64GB SanDisk MicroSD Card (secondary storage), Windows 10 Professional/ Linux Mint 18.3 MATE

ChromeBook: Gateway NV79, Intel Core i3-330M, 2GB DDR3, Integrated graphics, 80GB Seagate Barracuda, Neverware Cloudready

Folding Machine: Dell Vostro 260 MT, Intel Core i5-2400, 2GB DDR3 (broken DIMM slot), Intel HD 2000 Graphics, 80GB Seagate Barracuda, Linux Mint 18.3 MATE running Folding at Home on Full Power 24/7

Testing Desktop: Dell Inspiron 560 in a Compaq case, Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2220, 5GB DDR3, XFX RX 570 4GB (don't ask), 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Windows 8.1 Professional

Hackintosh: Dell OptiPlex 780 SFF Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3GHz Dual Core), 5GB DDR3 1066, GeForce 9500 GT 1GB Graphics, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 2.5" HDD, Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Secondary Laptop: HP Pavilion G6 2233NR, Intel Core i3-2370M (Sandy Bridge Dual Core), 8GB DDR3, Intel HD 3000 Graphics, 320GB Toshiba 2.5" HDD, Windows 10 Professional (soon to be Mint 18.3/Windows 10/Windows 7)

Main Server: Dell OptiPlex 755 MT, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3GHz Dual Core), 8GB DDR2 800MHz, Radeon HD 4670 512MB Graphics, 60GB OCZ Vertex 2, Windows Server 2016 (I upgraded!)

Secondary Server: Dell OptiPlex 330 MT, Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 (2.53GHz Dual Core), 4GB DDR2 800Mhz, Intel Integrated Graphics, 500GB WD Caviar Blue, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Greenpower, 500GB WD Caviar Green, FreeNAS

Online Machine: Paperspace, GPU+ Virtual Machine, Intel Xeon E5-2623 V4, 30GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000 8GB, 100GB SSD, Windows Server 2016

6 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

You'll need iTunes. Just put it in recovery mode (power it down, then hold the home button, plug it in, and release the home button when the apple logo comes up) and then you should be able to restore it. If he has Find my iPhone enabled though, you'll need his Apple ID and password to be able to do anything with the phone, it bricks it without those. 

Maxwell is still awesome, and so is X58. If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

Current build:

CPU: Xeon X5675 at about 4.2GHz

CPU Cooler: Gammax 400
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Formula
Memory: 16GB HyperX Savage (smexy red, boyos ;)) at 1800something MHz
Storage: HyperX Fury 120GB SSD
Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD

More storage: 2TB something or other drive lying around. 
Video Card: MSI Gaming 980 Ti 6G 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620W

2012 MacBook Pro (Work): 2.9GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 525GB SSD. 

iPad Pro: magic (and you can't open it up to disprove it, as it's glued shut). Jk, it's got an A9X with 4GB RAM. I didn't need it, so I surrendered it to my Mum.  She never used it so It's mine again. 

iPhone 6 Plus: more magic, with an A8 and 1GB RAM. 

Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Almostbauws said:

I dont get it. How does one forget a password? Do they use a random number generator for every password or what?

He got a new iphone and forgot the password of the old one(the iphone he gave me)

1 minute ago, A_person said:

He got a new iphone and forgot the password of the old one(the iphone he gave me)

I just use the same one, and my family and friends know it, so I have no fear of forgetting it. ;)

Maxwell is still awesome, and so is X58. If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

Current build:

CPU: Xeon X5675 at about 4.2GHz

CPU Cooler: Gammax 400
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Formula
Memory: 16GB HyperX Savage (smexy red, boyos ;)) at 1800something MHz
Storage: HyperX Fury 120GB SSD
Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD

More storage: 2TB something or other drive lying around. 
Video Card: MSI Gaming 980 Ti 6G 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620W

2012 MacBook Pro (Work): 2.9GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 525GB SSD. 

iPad Pro: magic (and you can't open it up to disprove it, as it's glued shut). Jk, it's got an A9X with 4GB RAM. I didn't need it, so I surrendered it to my Mum.  She never used it so It's mine again. 

iPhone 6 Plus: more magic, with an A8 and 1GB RAM.