Can you run two steam clients on one PC?

Go to solution Solved by ryanf257,
11 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

I dont know if youve seen any of Linus’ “multiple people 1 pc” videos, but that seems like essentially the same thing.

He was running virtualized Windows environments for that, not using the single windows desktop. He utilized the strong CPU power and virtualized Windows—so that’s not what Linus did. Not saying it’s impossible, but he didn’t do that like you mentioned. 

I don’t know much about this but can you run for example two PUBG’s on one pc if you have two steam accounts that own it? Maybe you can use windows “desktop 2,3,4, etc.”

Desktops don't work that way. They are just virtual places for your windows to go. I haven't tried this, but it might be possible, as long as you have two separate install locations.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

35 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Desktops don't work that way. They are just virtual places for your windows to go. I haven't tried this, but it might be possible, as long as you have two separate install locations.

I dont know if youve seen any of Linus’ “multiple people 1 pc” videos, but that seems like essentially the same thing.

11 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

He was running virtualized Windows environments for that, not using the single windows desktop. He utilized the strong CPU power and virtualized Windows—so that’s not what Linus did. Not saying it’s impossible, but he didn’t do that like you mentioned. 

15 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Like said, there's difference. Linus was using whole another OS. Virtual desktops are within single OS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv