YouTube/Twitch live server speed issue

AllHokage

Yo,

So I'm trying to livestream and noticed some strange stuff with my upload speeds. I'm getting around 25mbps upload speed to Sydney according to speedtest.net (tested multiple sydney servers and this is the location of most streaming servers within Australia). The thing is when I'm streaming I don't achieve anyway near this speed and instead get around 8mbps. After using other sites to test my upload speed to Sydney, I get all random speeds depending on the sites.

Some of the speed tests: https://imgur.com/a/aC5T3

So I'm wondering whats going on and why am I losing more than 50% of my upload to basically the same location? All the Sydney servers on speedtest.net give me a decent speed, while using other sites, only give me 8mbps. Is speedtest.net speeds inaccurate or something? Thanks.

Might add this later...

The amount of data that you upload is determined by the bitrate you set in OBS (or XSplit). 

You won't be able to upload 25mbps to Twitch servers anyway. The servers won't accept that much data from a single user. 

If you do not have many viewers I think you could go with something around 3500kbps, or else people won't be able to see your stream as Twitch doesn't give your viewers the ability to choose between different stream qualities depending on their connection speed (and you want to make your stream accessible to most people). 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

5 minutes ago, Eibe said:

The amount of data that you upload is determined by the bitrate you set in OBS (or XSplit). 

You won't be able to upload 25mbps to Twitch servers anyway. The servers won't accept that much data from a single user. 

If you do not have many viewers I think you could go with something around 3500kbps, or else people won't be able to see your stream as Twitch doesn't give your viewers the ability to choose between different stream qualities depending on their connection speed (and you want to make your stream accessible to most people). 

Yer, when I set anything above 8000 on OBS, my stream starts to stutter. However, I still want to be able to set 9000mbps for YouTube live as YouTube gives encoding to everyone (so anyone can watch without it stuttering).

Might add this later...

13 minutes ago, AllHokage said:

Yer, when I set anything above 8000 on OBS, my stream starts to stutter. However, I still want to be able to set 9000mbps for YouTube live as YouTube gives encoding to everyone (so anyone can watch without it stuttering).

8mbps is more than enough for 1080p30 (or 720p60, which is the standard among streamers) streaming though?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304