95°C hot pc while gaming...

VernoxVernax

I dont know why but I have 95°C when I play graphic games. I have air cooling solutions only. Two fans suck air in the front and the top and back ones suck them out. I dont know why its so hot. I litterly smel the burn while playing. Please send help.

Specs:
7700k with a bequiet! Dark Pure Rock Slim. 2x be quiet Pure Wings 2
1080Ti, msi z270 gaming pro carbon, and all this in the Carbide Quiet 400Q.

Btw. I want to add a 1080ti to my system so what would I have to change?

7 minutes ago, VernoxVernax said:

I dont know why but I have 95°C when I play graphic games. I have air cooling solutions only. Two fans suck air in the front and the top and back ones suck them out. I dont know why its so hot. I litterly smel the burn while playing. Please send help.

Specs:
7700k with a bequiet! Dark Pure Rock Slim. 2x be quiet Pure Wings 2
1080Ti, msi z270 gaming pro carbon, and all this in the Carbide Quiet 400Q.

Btw. I want to add a 1080ti to my system so what would I have to change?

You probably messed up with the cpu cooler installation. Either something's not in its place or you didn't use thermal paste. Take out the motherboard, remove the cooler, clean everything with isopropyl alcohol and apply new thermal paste and make sure you don't mess up the installation

The thing that happened with me and my 3570k (back in the days) was that the stock cooler thermal paste worked fine for a week and then the CPU suddenly started hitting 90+ degrees. It turned out that a thermal paste replacement got it down to 70 degrees for some reason, even though i didn't touch the insides the whole time before it got hot.

Regarding the GPU question, if your case has enough space for a dual GPU setup, you don't need to change anything. It's a must to leave a free slot between the GPUs (don't stack them directly above one another) so that the top GPU will have room to breathe in air. 2 fans in the front, one in the back would probably be fine for this setup.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

Your Pure Rock Slim, is it running its fan at 100%?

The Pure Rock Slim is a bit underpowered for the purpose of cooling a Kaby i7 because of the subpar thermal performance of the latter. Even at stock settings.

You can solve this by running the fan at 100% or, if that's not enough, buying a faster fan, or a better cooler. You don't need liquid but something bigger from Be Quiet! like the Dark Rock 3 would do. Or a cheaper Cryorig H5

Edit: Of course if changing the thermal application solves the temps, you can disregard this :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

You probably messed up with the cpu cooler installation. Either something's not in its place or you didn't use thermal paste. Take out the motherboard, remove the cooler, clean everything with isopropyl alcohol and apply new thermal paste and make sure you don't mess up the installation

The thing that happened with me and my 3570k (back in the days) was that the stock cooler thermal paste worked fine for a week and then the CPU suddenly started hitting 90+ degrees. It turned out that a thermal paste replacement got it down to 70 degrees for some reason, even though i didn't touch the insides the whole time before it got hot.

thx I gonna try that

if it's still very hot after resetting the cooler/reapplying the thermal paste you should consider delidding. My 7700k dropped 20C from 95° to the low 70's at full load after delidding and applying the conductonaut+kryonaut duo.

Also a better cooler could do - usually the bulkiest air coolers (DarkRock Pro3, Noctua NH-D15, Cryorig R1) are on par o even better than most 240mm AIOs.

Set manual voltages. That should cool it down a bit. But overall I'm with people saying you should get bigger heatsink. Personally I just don't understand why you pay so much for CPU and GPU, but don't take care of their well being.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv