Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndyCroz

Traveling with a desktop computer

Posted · Original PosterOP

I want to start off by saying that i'm new in the forum, if I did not respect any rule by posting this thread where I shouldn't have. 

How can I take my desktop computer with me to another country?

I will be moving out of the country and I don't know how to take my desktop with me, Shipping it will be way too expensive, and i was wondering if i can bring it into the plane as a carry on. If anybody can help by sharing their experience with this

it will be really helpfull. 

If you still have the box the case came in, along with the foam that it should've been in, use that. Be sure the remove the GPU and hard drive (SSDs are fine), and your CPU cooler if you have a tall tower cooler (a stock cooler or AIO will be fine).

Now, if it's a custom loop, that'll be an issue.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB with an Arctic Twin Turbo II Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and Dell P2210 Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) with Varmillo black and grey PBT dye-sub caps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD 4.40

I like Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. Volvo makes the best cars.

6 minutes ago, AndyCroz said:

I want to start off by saying that i'm new in the forum, if I did not respect any rule by posting this thread where I shouldn't have. 

How can I take my desktop computer with me to another country?

I will be moving out of the country and I don't know how to take my desktop with me, Shipping it will be way too expensive, and i was wondering if i can bring it into the plane as a carry on. If anybody can help by sharing their experience with this

it will be really helpfull. 

i filled my computer with thoes packing peanuts to keep the cooler and gpu from being flung around inide the case i also orented the box so the cooler would be pointing upwards and getting toes this way upstickers that worked for me. TAKE ANY HDDS AND PUT THEM IN UR CARRY ON I didnt do that and most of my drives for destroyed by the vibrations