Eduard the weeb

Ban log

Posted · Original PosterOP

It shows who and why someone got banned. 

I've seen this done on a few discords before so was wondering if it could be done here?

I am scared of normal people, I like RGB   I enjoy, memes, food, and sleep. I try to workout but its tough lol also anime is life

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

I would say I have been a gamer all my life but I don't have one lol

to breakout the slammer you need a sledge hammer

I may be wrong but I think mods don't show why someone got banned because it's between the offender and admins and they don't want everyone starting arguments about bans w/o knowing the full story. Also, how would it enhance a user's experience here?

;(

Why though? Mods can see that kind of stuff because they need to, but users don't need to. Bans are between the banned user and staff, making it public will likely just cause arguments. Even if it doesn't, there's no reason to have it public.  

Moderation is a private matter between staff and the member in question, so we won't be implementing something like this.

I am currently very busy outside the forum. I will read everything posted in Bugs and Issues and Forum Suggestions, but responses will be delayed and I may not be able to do anything about any issues reported until I have more time.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

Okay, so the mods can ban the users. 

But can the administrators ban the mods?

And could a team member at LMG ban the administrators?

Can Linus ban his employees?

And in this hierarchy of banning that we have going, who has the power to ban everyone all at once?

The guy standing right next to the wall plug for the server LTT is hosted on of course!

I got pretty annoyed because I was banned for no reason on the discord :(

(There was someone spamming and swearing so I imagine my name was clicked by mistake)

Didn't get any warning or message or anything. I was pretty annoyed because i was pretty active on discord, but I've cut discord out of my time now so it doesn't matter too much. Just frustrating when I don't get any notification or anything.

🅱pple Master Race xoxox

25 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

But can the administrators ban the mods?

Yes - sort of happened once.

Can Linus ban his employees?

I guess so? Having said that, there's obviously employment laws

And in this hierarchy of banning that we have going, who has the power to ban everyone all at once?

a USB

#2013Memories

1 hour ago, Windspeed36 said:

I guess so? Having said that, there's obviously employment laws

i dont think so, since i doubt their contract says anything about be required to have a forum account.

so if @CPotter decides to be a dick for no reason on the forum, then he could be banned without affecting his employment.(unless it was bad enough to violate his contract in other ways that could get him actually fired)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

14 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

i dont think so, since i doubt their contract says anything about be required to have a forum account.

Depends what their role is - if you worked in marketing and were responsible for brand management on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter & Snapchat and you got the accounts banned, there'd be a few issues.

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I got pretty annoyed because I was banned for no reason on the discord :(

(There was someone spamming and swearing so I imagine my name was clicked by mistake)

Didn't get any warning or message or anything. I was pretty annoyed because i was pretty active on discord, but I've cut discord out of my time now so it doesn't matter too much. Just frustrating when I don't get any notification or anything.

Man I know that feeling. I got banned on the Scammer Sub Lounge server what seems like forever ago for nothing and was randomly unbanned and ended up doing a mini "community project" almost immediately after lmao

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 4GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, and Intel 7260 wireless card + Windows 7 Professional x64

Main PC: Look at my profile you lazy skrublord

The abuse of power comes at no surprise!

Pixel Collider i74790k | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Sli'd EVGA GTX 780's | Corsair AX 860 | Corsair Vengance Pro 32Gb 2133Mhz | Corsair 760t | Corsair H110IiGT |  Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb, WD Caviar Black 4Tb, WD Caviar Black 1Tb | (3) Noctua NF-A14 FLX, (2) Noctua NF-A14 PWM, (1) Noctua NF-S12A

1 hour ago, Gix7Fifty said:

What are you implying?

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | GTX 550Ti | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Windows 10 Home  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) 

Join the Nonsense! Rest in peace Generic Profile Picture club. It was fun while it lasted.

2 hours ago, Gix7Fifty said:

I don't think there is any real abuse of powers, its just that LTT is still new to the discord game and mistakes will be made. At the rate the LTT discord increases its probably pretty hard to track and you do get people coming in just to cause havoc. I think they can probably do better and its not really that difficult to send a message regarding a ban to the user - especially since there is no actual way to contact the mods if there has been a mistake. A few clicks and there isn't anything you can do, its just bad luck.

🅱pple Master Race xoxox

I don't think they want you to know who has been banned, as they have removed the 'Banned user' search term from the Member Search thing.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything."

Gear:

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

If this is an LTT version of the burn book then I'm in. :P

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Yes - sort of happened once.

Spill the details :P

1 hour ago, Nicnac said:

so  gossip channel? I'm down xD

I can see someone with an extreme beef with the mods or admins doing something like that or even something nasty either they can plan to hack into LTT's servers and exfiltrate personal information from the mods and dump them on Github and unveil the real name of the said mod/admin behind the username. But they have to be very crafty to get around LMG's defenses.

4 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

If this is an LTT version of the burn book then I'm in. :P

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spill the details :P

I can see someone with an extreme beef with the mods or admins doing something like that or even something nasty either they can plan to hack into LTT's servers and exfiltrate personal information from the mods and dump them on Github and unveil the real name of the said mod/admin behind the username. But they have to be very crafty to get around LMG's defenses.

A wall of shame could also work. 

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | GTX 550Ti | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Windows 10 Home  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Join the Nonsense! Rest in peace Generic Profile Picture club. It was fun while it lasted.

Isn't it obvious? 

Spoiler

If you act like a bitch you gunna get banned like a bitch

wkdpaul.JPG.a5eb458c045297fcfadfe7cbdb7613f6.JPG

Just your everyday PC and Nintendo gaming nerd and collector

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800X | GPU:  Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 | RAM:  32GB G Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 | PSU: EVGA 1000W GQ 80+Gold | Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5| Cooler:  Noctua NH-D15 |Case:  NZXT Noctis 450 (White) | Storage: 512GB Samsung SSD + 4TB Western Digital 7200RPM|

Before you can even do a member search of those who've been banned. Guess they removed that grouping as well. 

I keep thinking this is this thread.

NINITEEN FIFTY X - CPU AMD Threadripper 1950X | GPU 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid | MOBO Asus ROG Zenith Extreme | MEMORY 128GB (8x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 | STORAGE 3x Samsung 960 Evo SSD + 6x Seagate 8TB 7.2k HDDs | PSU Corsair RM1000i | COOLING Enermax LiqTech TR4 360 | CASE Corsair 760T v2 Black | LIGHTING 5x Corsair HD120 Fans, 4x Corsair Addressable RGB Strips, Corsair Commander Pro |PCPP

ZEN CLARITY - CPU AMD Ryzen 1800X | GPU PNY GTX 1080 FE w/ EVGA Hybrid Kit | MOBO Crosshair VI Hero | MEMORY 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Evo SSD + 3x SanDisk Ultra II SSDs | PSU Corsair CX650M | COOLING Corsair H100i V2 | CASE Crystal 570X | LIGHTING 6x Corsair SP120 Fans, Phanteks RGB Strip, Corsair Lighting Node Pro | PCPP

Just NCASE mITX - CPU Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz | GPU Asus GTX 1080 STRIX | MOBO Asus Z370-I Gaming | MEMORY 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Triden-Z RGB 3000 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Evo 500GB SSD + Corsair MX300 1TB M.2 SSD | PSU Corsair SF600 | COOLING Noctua NH-U9S w/ Redux Push/Pull Fans | CASE NCase M1 | LIGHTING Cablemod Addressable RGB Strip | PCPP
On 2/12/2018 at 8:44 PM, Tsuki said:

so if @CPotter decides to be a dick for no reason on the forum, then he could be banned without affecting his employment.(unless it was bad enough to violate his contract in other ways that could get him actually fired)

If a LMG employee started doing something that could be seen as something negative towards LMG including swearing in a manner that offends someone in the right way, they themselves could lose their job by not being professional ;) If they want to act like a common user they should use a second account which is typically not allowed to prevent issues.

So while Linus or a Admin could ban a LMG staff for inappropriate actions on the forum, they would likely lose their job too due to it as well. The forum after all is technically speaking property of LMG. Said employee could try to go after LMG for wrongful dismissal but that would be likely shot down in ever stage.