Ban log

Eduard the weeb

It shows who and why someone got banned. 

I've seen this done on a few discords before so was wondering if it could be done here?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I may be wrong but I think mods don't show why someone got banned because it's between the offender and admins and they don't want everyone starting arguments about bans w/o knowing the full story. Also, how would it enhance a user's experience here?

Why though? Mods can see that kind of stuff because they need to, but users don't need to. Bans are between the banned user and staff, making it public will likely just cause arguments. Even if it doesn't, there's no reason to have it public.  

I got pretty annoyed because I was banned for no reason on the discord :(

(There was someone spamming and swearing so I imagine my name was clicked by mistake)

Didn't get any warning or message or anything. I was pretty annoyed because i was pretty active on discord, but I've cut discord out of my time now so it doesn't matter too much. Just frustrating when I don't get any notification or anything.

25 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

But can the administrators ban the mods?

Yes - sort of happened once.

Can Linus ban his employees?

I guess so? Having said that, there's obviously employment laws

And in this hierarchy of banning that we have going, who has the power to ban everyone all at once?

a USB

#2013Memories

1 hour ago, Windspeed36 said:

I guess so? Having said that, there's obviously employment laws

i dont think so, since i doubt their contract says anything about be required to have a forum account.

so if @CPotter decides to be a dick for no reason on the forum, then he could be banned without affecting his employment.(unless it was bad enough to violate his contract in other ways that could get him actually fired)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

14 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

i dont think so, since i doubt their contract says anything about be required to have a forum account.

Depends what their role is - if you worked in marketing and were responsible for brand management on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter & Snapchat and you got the accounts banned, there'd be a few issues.

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

(There was someone spamming and swearing so I imagine my name was clicked by mistake)

Didn't get any warning or message or anything. I was pretty annoyed because i was pretty active on discord, but I've cut discord out of my time now so it doesn't matter too much. Just frustrating when I don't get any notification or anything.

Man I know that feeling. I got banned on the Scammer Sub Lounge server what seems like forever ago for nothing and was randomly unbanned and ended up doing a mini "community project" almost immediately after lmao

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, Gix7Fifty said:

The abuse of power comes at no surprise!

What are you implying?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 hours ago, Gix7Fifty said:

The abuse of power comes at no surprise!

I don't think there is any real abuse of powers, its just that LTT is still new to the discord game and mistakes will be made. At the rate the LTT discord increases its probably pretty hard to track and you do get people coming in just to cause havoc. I think they can probably do better and its not really that difficult to send a message regarding a ban to the user - especially since there is no actual way to contact the mods if there has been a mistake. A few clicks and there isn't anything you can do, its just bad luck.

I don't think they want you to know who has been banned, as they have removed the 'Banned user' search term from the Member Search thing.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If this is an LTT version of the burn book then I'm in. :P

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Yes - sort of happened once.

Spill the details :P

1 hour ago, Nicnac said:

so  gossip channel? I'm down xD

I can see someone with an extreme beef with the mods or admins doing something like that or even something nasty either they can plan to hack into LTT's servers and exfiltrate personal information from the mods and dump them on Github and unveil the real name of the said mod/admin behind the username. But they have to be very crafty to get around LMG's defenses.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

If this is an LTT version of the burn book then I'm in. :P

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spill the details :P

I can see someone with an extreme beef with the mods or admins doing something like that or even something nasty either they can plan to hack into LTT's servers and exfiltrate personal information from the mods and dump them on Github and unveil the real name of the said mod/admin behind the username. But they have to be very crafty to get around LMG's defenses.

A wall of shame could also work. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Isn't it obvious? 

Spoiler

If you act like a bitch you gunna get banned like a bitch

wkdpaul.JPG.a5eb458c045297fcfadfe7cbdb7613f6.JPG

Before you can even do a member search of those who've been banned. Guess they removed that grouping as well. 

I keep thinking this is this thread.

On 2/12/2018 at 8:44 PM, Tsuki said:

so if @CPotter decides to be a dick for no reason on the forum, then he could be banned without affecting his employment.(unless it was bad enough to violate his contract in other ways that could get him actually fired)

If a LMG employee started doing something that could be seen as something negative towards LMG including swearing in a manner that offends someone in the right way, they themselves could lose their job by not being professional ;) If they want to act like a common user they should use a second account which is typically not allowed to prevent issues.

So while Linus or a Admin could ban a LMG staff for inappropriate actions on the forum, they would likely lose their job too due to it as well. The forum after all is technically speaking property of LMG. Said employee could try to go after LMG for wrongful dismissal but that would be likely shot down in ever stage.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/02/2018 at 12:33 AM, RorzNZ said:

I actually wonder who handles the discord modding

I’m definitely exploring this crazy world

okay yeah bad idea I get it lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 hour ago, Eduard the weeb said:

okay yeah bad idea I get it lol

Banned for—darn still not that thread...

On 3/16/2018 at 2:40 AM, teddygala said:

I actually wonder who handles the discord modding

The discord mods (and up like Jake etc) all have permissions to do so I imagine.