Ryzen CPU with VEGA Graphics ONBOARD!

AMD's bringing back the APU in a big way by marrying Ryzen CPU cores with Vega GPUs - But what do you really get for your money?

Buy a Ryzen 3 2200G:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/dHqPL
On Newegg: http://geni.us/cL4h

Buy a Ryzen 5 2400G:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/OgOM
On Newegg: Link incoming

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

I'm guessing there's an embargo from AMD that's why YouTube upload is only a few minutes late from Floatplane. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

7 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Minor typo, this should be Ryzen 5.

I swear I checked that before I posted... Apparently I'm blind and/or dumb in the mornings.

6 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

I swear I checked that before I posted... Apparently I'm blind and/or dumb in the mornings.

It cool you could always say it Ryzen 3 and Ryzen 5 review because he has benched marked both.  

2 minutes ago, Precept said:

Were the benchmarks using the 512mb graphics memory allocation or cranked up to the max 2gb?

It was default, which I believe was actually 1GB or 2GB on this board, but I don't have it in front of me to check. IIRC benchmarks actually reported 2GB.

How much memory was allocated by default for the int. graphics? BY default, It is 512 mb i guess. You might wanna run these tests again with more allocated memory for the int. graphics via the bios.

this is great! AMD should be able to dominate the laptop and budget PC market with this.

Did you run into any issues with stability when testing?

I've watched the LTT and Jayz2cents one and he had some big stability issues but there's no mention of any issues in the LTT video.

I love to see these budget processors, it just makes me think of all the different types of use-cases it has. Living room gaming (as mentioned) tons of emulators for old school gaming, and of course media consumption.

It's nice being able to recommend these types of products to people who are just entering into PC enthusiasm as well, it's understandable for someone not to want to spend 1,000 USD on a gaming machine, whenever they are used to console graphics anyways.

That's a good deal for what it is.

Would be nice if they had a more expensive 2400G with more Vega cores, though. Like $220 or something with performance halfway between a 1030 and a 1050 (non Ti).

OK, so I need to know.  Are these APU's a reasonable alternative to the over priced GPU's out there.  I want to upgrade but not until I can get at least a 75% performance increase across the board.  I'm running the FX8370 with a RX460.  Would the Rizen 5 2400G show better than a RX470 performance?  Obviously the CPU would be a boost so that's not the question.

9 minutes ago, IamALT said:

OK, so I need to know.  Are these APU's a reasonable alternative to the over priced GPU's out there.  I want to upgrade but not until I can get at least a 75% performance increase across the board.  I'm running the FX8370 with a RX460.  Would the Rizen 5 2400G show better than a RX470 performance?  Obviously the CPU would be a boost so that's not the question.

Not a chance. It's a massive improvement over Intel graphics, but it's basically in the same league as a  GT1030. An RX 460 would wipe the floor with one of these.

5 hours ago, bindydad123 said:

GT1030 benchmarks?

I recommend the Tech YES City review for that (and an RX 550). I think the results there support the decision of considering a 1050 ti as the "upgrade path to discrete graphics" here: below that you get horrible value for a tiny performance increase compared to an APU.

1 hour ago, IamALT said:

What applications are you using the system for?

19 minutes ago, The Gaige said:
Would this APU be good for Netflix & Hulu service on a 65" TV?

I would assume yes, especially in 720p. What resolution is the television?

6 minutes ago, Apepa said:

An Intel iGPU can handle 4K video. This isn't 1998.

I had no idea honestly! (not that I don't believe you) but do you know of any sources providing some information on the topic?

11 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

I had no idea honestly! (not that I don't believe you) but do you know of any sources providing some information on the topic?

Sources? Are you serious? 

TLDR: APUs suck, have sucked, still suck, always will suck, and this one doesn't change any of that.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)