Is Floatplane worth it to you? [Poll]

I believe Floatplane is worth it.. what about you?

https://polls.ryois.me/is-fp-worth-it/ Vote Here!

Once you're done; here are the results... https://polls.ryois.me/is-fp-worth-it/results/

for people wondering why I didn't use the forum's poll continue reading...
The forums poll is worse than the typeform method...

Typeform also supports different types of questions to be asked which was needed for this poll.

Just now, Genericplane said:

im quite surprised by the results so far

yeah I am too..

Problem with the poll you can only like FP club or dislike it. There's no middle ground. My biggest problems have been days of dual uploads to FPC and Youtube but asides from CES content that seems to have gone down a bit. 

Just now, Fire2box said:

Problem with the poll you can only like FP club or dislike it. There's no middle ground. My biggest problems have been days of dual uploads to FPC and Youtube but asides from CES content that seems to have gone down a bit. 

i agree just a little bit, i expected some "top secret FP only" videos :P

Just now, Genericplane said:

i agree just a little bit, i expected some "top secret FP only" videos :P

yeah, that's one of the additional perks but normally they aren't much. The FPC exclsuive vlogs about what they are trying to work on have died off a lot. Last thing we got was constant youtube live failures about the tampons vs pads thing. 9_9

There's a build in poll functionality in the LTT Forums. I know you stated this, but I'd think it's better to give the developers a better insight as to what specific features you'd want in order to use it.

As far as the poll goes, I'm all for FPC.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Just now, Fire2box said:

yeah, that's one of the additional perks but normally they aren't much. The FPC exclsuive vlogs about what they are trying to work on have died off a lot. Last thing we got was constant youtube live failures about the tampons vs pads thing. 9_9

maybe this is the calling for the vlogs to return... "oh LTT gods, bring us thy holy vlogs :P)

1 minute ago, Imbellis said:

There's a build in poll functionality in the LTT Forums. I know you stated this, but I'd think it's better to give the developers a better insight as to what specific features you'd want in order to use it.

As far as the poll goes, I'm all for FPC.

I would want date selection, better graphing, and such.

1 minute ago, Genericplane said:

maybe this is the calling for the vlogs to return... "oh LTT gods, bring us thy holy vlogs :P)

lol yeah

That external poll site sucks. Even surveymonkey is nicer... despite that, have filled it in.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, porina said:

That external poll site sucks. Even survey monkey is nicer... despite that, have filled it in.

I like typeform. Its way better than anything I have used. 

32 minutes ago, Ryois said:

I like typeform. Its way better than anything I have used. 

It looks like it was made to look nice, not to give a good user experience. Unfortunately not an unusual occurrence in the world we live in.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I'm surprised by the amount of people that have it. LMG must be making bank.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

I'm surprised by the amount of people that have it. LMG must be making bank.

Yeah. I know on the Discord there are more people that don't have Floatplane than the ones that do but still.... thats a lot.

I already paid them monthly 10$ because idk why. So it made 0 difference to me. I think for them, it's a great decision, especially with all that youtube is doing to try to commit seppuku. 

think I started donating forever ago (when forum donation probably mattered more to their bottom line) because I agreed with Linus's potential to bring an enthusiasm for PCs and tech to a young audience, and I supported that. I didn't ever think reviews were particularly in depth or of use to me. Some years later they're doing exactly that, and I'm happy with how they've grown. 

Or I wanted a silver rank to shitpost with a shiny rank idk 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

4 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Been meaning to do more of those. Just been really busy lately. We always do this to ourselves "hey weve got some extra time... i know lets do two on location shoots ina single week. Brilliant"

14 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Been meaning to do more of those. Just been really busy lately. We always do this to ourselves "hey weve got some extra time... i know lets do two on location shoots ina single week. Brilliant"

when you finally have some spare time, double booking is the best way to fill it xD

Also while I love the idea of floatplane and may eventually get in for the sake of supporting the channels I love, I don't have the money now and seeing videos beforehand doesn't do much for me. I'm fine with waiting, personally, but that's just me

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

ATM no... 

when the site goes up, do you still need a membership?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

22 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

ATM no... 

Of course you'd still need paid membership (Zero ad's on FPC and they host it themselves. LMG needs money off it somehow.).

Right now the biggest problem IMHO is they removed the 1 year sub option where you pay in full for a year and get a small discount for doing so. Luke said that option will be brought back when the actually website goes up since right now it's handled only by Paypal I think. I know they are getting an actual payment processor though and that alone is worth it. 

22 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Awesome! Cant wait  ps if someone from LTT wants the detailed poll results ask me :) 

22 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

ATM no... 

Yes

13 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Of course you'd still need paid membership (Zero ad's on FPC and they host it themselves. LMG needs money off it somehow.).

Right now the biggest problem IMHO is they removed the 1 year sub option where you pay in full for a year and get a small discount for doing so. Luke said that option will be brought back when the actually website goes up since right now it's handled only by Paypal I think. I know they are getting an actual payment processor though and that alone is worth it. 

I think 1 year subscriptions are gonna be back.

22 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Still waiting for splash activated RGB lighting on the LMG office toilet.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Spoiler

Nice pole btw

Filled all up, couldnt submit Clap

Was using proxy site tho.

Errors about spinner is not defined (on submit press) and CORS (font loading).

Why dint you just use google forms?

https://imgur.com/a/Xvk0m

Anyway, im in floatplane cause possible linusMediaTips business insides.

And also i think its the best way to support content creators i enjoy.

Wish you could make any monthly/yearly payment with minimum ammount (not like i would pay more atm, but still).

Will see this in release version, i guess.

And while @LinusTech is here.

You are using paypal, right? What about other payment systems? Heard paypal is buggy.

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

We are adding more payment options and bringing back yearly subscriptions as soon as we can!

Any chance to accept payment with crypto? :D

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Any chance to accept payment with crypto? :D

Preferably Floatcoin.