Navigating to latest post broken

Trixanity

As the title says it's broken but to be more detailed it's only when loading tabs in the background and it's on Chrome Android. I suspect it's something to do with some of the latest changes to the browser but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed. It seems to work fine inside the current tab. When loading in the background it'll just push you to the bottom of the page consistently.

The way we jump to a particular post is just using a default browser feature to tell it to jump to a particular element on the page. Unfortunately, that means that there's nothing we can do about it if it's not working.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The way we jump to a particular post is just using a default browser feature to tell it to jump to a particular element on the page. Unfortunately, that means that there's nothing we can do about it if it's not working.

I suppose so. I think it may have something to do with Google's recent efforts to block page redirects and other malicious page behavior (like pop ups and opening new tabs and I think page jumping to get people to misclick) or perhaps it's completely unrelated but I think it worked fine mostly until a month or two ago. Just got around to reporting it as I finally got fed up with how it interferes with the way I browse the forum.

Thanks for the response though.