Recommendations for a G-Sync Monitor

ERM64bit

So I've been hunting now for a month or so trying to find the best price for a monitor for a 1440p, high refresh (120Hz+) panel. I'm having a hard time deciding where to go with, but I did come across the Dell Gaming S2716DGR monitor on Amazon for $479 US, with 1440p and 144Hz refresh. It has a good bit of excellent reviews, with most of the complaints just being QC issues, but I'm still just unsure (mostly because I'm just not a big fan of Dell). I'm using a GTX 1070Ti so 1440p is really the maximum resolution that I wanted to use so that I could get a higher refresh panel.

*BTW, I know that the Dell is a TN panel and not IPS, but I'm not really concerned with that since I already ordered a 4K IPS panel that's 100% sRGB color calibrated for my video/photo editing. This is going to be a second monitor for gaming since the 4K panel is limited at 60Hz.

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

What's your budget? I would recommend an Asus PG279Q ROG Swift, goes for ~800 USD.

I've been trying to stay around the $600 mark since I just dropped $750 on the color accurate monitor. I did actually consider the Alienware 34" monitor because it was IPS and was on sale for $849, but the color accuracy is only about 71%, so I figured I would be better off with two.

I have the Dell S2716DG and I love it!

It is discrete and has a small bezel.

I am running a 1070ti myself and I feel it is a perfect match.

Edited by cbhagberg
error in typing

5 minutes ago, cbhagberg said:

I have the Dell S2716DG and I love it!

It is discrete and has a small bezel.

I am running a 1070ti myself and I feel it is a perfect match.

Does it have a 75/100mm VESA mount? I couldn't find anywhere online where it said if it was VESA compatible.

I have the Dell monitor you speak of.  Picked up for $450.  Would buy it again at the price you quoted.  BTW the 24 inch version is on sale right now on Dell.com, less than $400 iirc.

I have a s2716dg I like it no complaints. 

Dell has a great reputation when it comes to displays.

One thing I will say is I've had mine for about a year maybe more and in that time the number of options on the market has improved a lot. Its a great monitor but for the price you have options now which you didn't have as many back then. 

My RIG:

I7 6700k - GTX 1080 -  32GB Ram - 256GB 950 Pro(boot) + 1TB 850 EVO(Programs) + 4TB 860 EVO(Games) + 1TB WD Black (Files)

On 2/9/2018 at 7:51 PM, Legeis said:

I have a s2716dg I like it no complaints. 

Dell has a great reputation when it comes to displays.

One thing I will say is I've had mine for about a year maybe more and in that time the number of options on the market has improved a lot. Its a great monitor but for the price you have options now which you didn't have as many back then. 

On 2/9/2018 at 7:44 PM, ShredBird said:

I have the Dell monitor you speak of.  Picked up for $450.  Would buy it again at the price you quoted.  BTW the 24 inch version is on sale right now on Dell.com, less than $400 iirc.

I'm glad I waited a few days before ordering, Best Buy has it on sale for $399 for President's Day. So far the best deal I've been able to find, but I'm pretty excited hearing all of the good things you guys said about it.

On 2/12/2018 at 4:41 PM, ERM64bit said:

I'm glad I waited a few days before ordering, Best Buy has it on sale for $399 for President's Day. So far the best deal I've been able to find, but I'm pretty excited hearing all of the good things you guys said about it.

It’s okay even if you hadn’t waited BestBuy will price match at anytime during your return period. So that’s 2weeks for most 30days for elites and 45days for elite+ members. ;-) 

My RIG:

I7 6700k - GTX 1080 -  32GB Ram - 256GB 950 Pro(boot) + 1TB 850 EVO(Programs) + 4TB 860 EVO(Games) + 1TB WD Black (Files)