yolosnail

Cloudflare Errors

Posted · Original PosterOP

Is anybody else getting a cloudflare error when trying to connect to the Forum today?

I don't get it every time but it says that there is an error with the host

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 7700HQ, 16GB DDR4, 1TB Snail Drive, 256GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, 15.6" 1080p 120Hz Screen (Why did they even bother with only a 1050Ti, it can barely push 60fps)

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, Nvidia GT120 512MB. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 - Has never seen a Vodafone Sim

Vodafone Smart V8 - Also has never seen a Vodafone Sim

not me 

I am scared of normal people, I like RGB. anime is luv anime is life ( so is  @Ashiella lol). I right now go to school

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

I would say I have been a gamer all my life but I don't have one lol

to breakout the slammer you need a sledge hammer

image.thumb.png.7e553e2d8e5b63cfc3a2a674ae7ef5a3.pngI think it's a database issue only happens to me when I'm trying to search something...

Invasion should offer a optimization function for the database, if not time to leave it...

chrome_2018-02-09_20-51-57.png

Huh, so when you put a "-" in a search bar in one word like t-shirt it returns a 504 and a Ray ID: 3ea9afe86o4d6a37

The search function is pretty awful at the moment. However, in an upcoming update (which is unlikely to be pushed out on this site before July unfortunately) the search will be getting massively improved, which should hopefully fix most of your issues.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The search function is pretty awful at the moment. However, in an upcoming update (which is unlikely to be pushed out on this site before July unfortunately) the search will be getting massively improved, which should hopefully fix most of your issues.

4p6uYDA.gif

Remind me again why you still use this forum software?

the whole hyphen issue was solved over a decade ago on most all free mainstream forum softwares...

16 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Remind me again why you still use this forum software?

the whole hyphen issue was solved over a decade ago on most all free mainstream forum softwares...

Hyphens are reserved characters in the fast search index, so searching for terms containing hyphens causes it to revert to a slower method. Unfortunately, due to the size of this site, that method is too slow for it to be able to complete in a reasonable amount of time, so it breaks. Doing something different which makes sense is difficult.

As I said though, this will be fixed in a future update.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic