Razer Man-o-War 7.1 Sounding like poop without little USB dongle?

lolzisgoodforu

So I wanted to disable 7.1 for my Razer Man-O-War 7.1 headset which is the wired version, because the 7.1 kind of decreased the sound quality a bit and muffled things so I've heard, and I have no idea how to disable it in the Synpase software , there's no option to just disable it, there are options to re-calibrate it but that's it. Now I tried just plugging in the Mon-O-Wars without the USB thing and just plugging it strait in with the headphone jack, but for some reason this made the headphones sound like muffled garbage, I couldn't really notice the difference when listening to music, but when playing video games with just the headphone jack, it is almost impossible because the sound quality is so bad and muffled. I just want normal stereo for these frustrating things

Not to be too much of an ass, but that's sort of working as intended. They are not good headphones, they are headphones specifically tuned for maximum profit and maximum marketing bullet points. There are inexpensive good stereo solutions, such as the SHP9500, which may be what you need. They will do a decent job at "7.1".

However, if you still have synapse running, with the surround effect on, it will still make the sound a muddy mess.Try uninstalling synapse altogether.

Just now, NinjaQuick said:

Not to be too much of an ass, but that's sort of working as intended. They are not good headphones, they are headphones specifically tuned for maximum profit and maximum marketing bullet points. There are inexpensive good stereo solutions, such as the SHP9500, which may be what you need.

Well my next headphone upgrade would be something expensive like the Blu Mo-Fi headphones seemed kinda cool, And I also have a Steelseries Siberia v2 which sound wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better, but the headstrap broke and I attempted to fix it, but now instead of them sliding off my head, they smash ears into my brain and it really hurts after like 30 minutes, so I'm just trying to get these disgusting wastes of $120 to work they way I want them to until I have enough to upgrade.

I wouldn't call the blue mofi an upgrade, at least not at that price. I would recommend amazoning the SHP9500, see if they sound good at all to you. If you like them, get an amp like the Sabaj Da2 and retire the razer headphones, and brand, forever.

1 minute ago, NinjaQuick said:

I wouldn't call the blue mofi an upgrade, at least not at that price. I would recommend amazoning the SHP9500, see if they sound good at all to you. If you like them, get an amp like the Sabaj Da2 and retire the razer headphones, and brand, forever.

Well they seem pretty nice considering they aren't like 300 bucks like the Mo-Fi's, And yes I'd love to retire from Razer headphones but not the brand all together, I've had a deathadder chroma for like a little over a year and I love it to death

1 minute ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

Well they seem pretty nice considering they aren't like 300 bucks like the Mo-Fi's, And yes I'd love to retire from Razer headphones but not the brand all together, I've had a deathadder chroma for like a little over a year and I love it to death

Well, it is a matter of  50 dollar headphones (the ones i mentioned) sounding 300% better.

Well, it is a matter of  50 dollar headphones (the ones i mentioned) sounding 300% better.

Oh on Amazon they're about $80, And I still thought that was a good price lol, Are they like $50 MSRP or are they just $80 cause the prices went up for them or something. Or is amazing just selling them for too much lol

I've seen them go for as much as 150 when supplies got low, and sell out at that price. They really are way underpriced.

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Use razer surround software.

Wait? how did u enabled it in the first place anyway?

I tried that headphones and maaaann..the soundstage is wide and not just that the imaging is also great for the price.

Definitely a good open back headphone, even better than HD558 i must say since i have compared them both.

They really shine with an amp... like I thought they were good before, now I have a real amp and dac and these things are just.. fuuuhh so good. Can't believe they are this cheap type good.

3 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Use razer surround software.

Wait? how did u enabled it in the first place anyway?

I tried that headphones and maaaann..the soundstage is wide and not just that the imaging is also great for the price.

Definitely a good open back headphone, even better than HD558 i must say since i have compared them both.

7.1 is enabled by default

They really shine with an amp... like I thought they were good before, now I have a real amp and dac and these things are just.. fuuuhh so good. Can't believe they are this cheap type good.

What exactly does an AMP do? Doesn't the Mo-fi's have one built in or something along those lines?