DAN A4-SFX v2

On 28/2/2018 at 1:02 AM, adventurenby said:

Love the build but i find it ridiculous that DAN had to put the brand name in the see through side panel. Kinda ruins it for me :(

As far as I'm aware, Daniel (that's his name, right?) had a conversation and a poll on one of the forums which he is on, and they decided to put the DAN logo there instead of something like just a big line... I think that it's OK because it offers way more airflow than just a line

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

Today is a happy day! The plexi designs arrived and I couldn't be happier with the results :) 

At first I was a bit afraid, there were some laser/cut marks, but these were only on the protective film (one white on one side, and a milk-white on the other side)

Take a look for yourself:IMG_0932.jpg.8bc0526ffa6284d6643cdca5b9b5b284.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg.c4aefc09378db4b005688150af5e8a72.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg.7f7b7107e095e624097c5c67b5f66ca2.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg.453374befdbb23cecc2e5c68f5152ae7.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg.4e838216880a4d96afdcab18e41550ba.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg.113364b02ebbdd39ab329e1cc591b8b5.jpg

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/2DwYa

Installed 2 cablemod Aura-sync compatible LED strips and made my own extention cable to connect the 2 strips.  One above the GPU (not in the video) the other one around the motherboard...

Looks hella dope! Ever thought of doing a custom paintjob on the fans?

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

Nah, those Noctia fans deserve to be in their original colour :)  Otherwise I would have bought their redux line, or any other fans in dark/black.  <3 Noctua <3 

Hi Selder,

I'm also on [H] but see that you're displaying your build here too!

My build will be practically the same as yours.  The only difference and concern I'm having is my 500gb SSD drive that will complement my M.2 500gb SSD.  It will mount on the front.  Looking at your build, do you have space to route a SATA data and power cable if you were to mount an SSD?  Would love to know this because if not I may have to return my M.2 500gb for 1tb.

Hi again @Selder!

I've just recieved my Asetek 545lc, and there seems to be quite a bit of air in it! This is of course a completely normal problem when an AIO is shipped halfway around the planet, and the ratteling sound almost went away after a few minutes of it being upside down and plugged in, but when I turned it around to simulate the position it would be in when installed, all of the air of course just poured right back into the pump... How did you manage to have a silent AIO with the rad being below the pump?

On 3/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, ZTylerDurden said:

Hi Selder,

I'm also on [H] but see that you're displaying your build here too!

My build will be practically the same as yours.  The only difference and concern I'm having is my 500gb SSD drive that will complement my M.2 500gb SSD.  It will mount on the front.  Looking at your build, do you have space to route a SATA data and power cable if you were to mount an SSD?  Would love to know this because if not I may have to return my M.2 500gb for 1tb.

I think that might work, but you'll need to use a _very_ small or slim SATA cable, and you'll have a lot of fun getting the SATA power cable from the PSU to your SSD.  Good luck :) 

Maybe something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Lateral-Low-Profile-Connectors-CP11/dp/B00HDEBGSQ

22 hours ago, matias_a_etersen said:

Hi again @Selder!

I've just recieved my Asetek 545lc, and there seems to be quite a bit of air in it! This is of course a completely normal problem when an AIO is shipped halfway around the planet, and the ratteling sound almost went away after a few minutes of it being upside down and plugged in, but when I turned it around to simulate the position it would be in when installed, all of the air of course just poured right back into the pump... How did you manage to have a silent AIO with the rad being below the pump?

I didn't do anything special, I also heard some air in the closed loop of the Asetek, but after a minute or so the sound went away and now I don't hear anything when the system is idle... I never connected or powered the Asetek outside of the case.  When I pull the case slightly to the right or left I can hear the air again for some seconds, but the sound goes away pretty fast...

And you don't see any leakage at the joints or radiator?  

29 minutes ago, Selder said:

I think that might work, but you'll need to use a _very_ small or slim SATA cable, and you'll have a lot of fun getting the SATA power cable from the PSU to your SSD.  Good luck :) 

Maybe something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Lateral-Low-Profile-Connectors-CP11/dp/B00HDEBGSQ

I didn't do anything special, I also heard some air in the closed loop of the Asetek, but after a minute or so the sound went away and now I don't hear anything when the system is idle... I never connected or powered the Asetek outside of the case.  When I pull the case slightly to the right or left I can hear the air again for some seconds, but the sound goes away pretty fast...

And you don't see any leakage at the joints or radiator?  

Thanks... And no I don't... Dry as a desert... It'll probably go away and if it doesn't I'll just have to RMA the unit I guess :)

1 hour ago, Selder said:

Nice find!  I'll let you know how it goes!  Thanks!

One of the builds looks like it was very hard to put the side panel on because of the AIO cooler. Did it work out in the end?

Yep, the tubes of the AIO protrube a bit, but they can be tucked inside the case manually. I haven’t found a way yet to keep them in place, I’m thinking a small aluminium rod that’ll that will hold the tubes “inside” the case.  For now: the plexi is steong enough to hold them.

Speaking or plexi btw, my second order just arrived! 

430626F8-3B3F-4195-8CF4-03BD28502AC7.jpeg

0CED4DE6-F24B-407E-ACF0-5BFFEBFFE925.jpeg

61E2434C-D04F-45C2-9CBE-F23C1066DF47.jpeg

C50E2922-6177-4882-8398-2B8136D4BBD5.jpeg

A5E80E4A-984C-4B0E-8873-FF29ED7AA38B.jpeg

4B0881E7-BE42-43C1-A09B-45D28E3307C1.jpeg

672A580B-EA4E-4996-9067-740EE22500AF.jpeg

E3F82DB8-9D3D-439B-8A2F-91F7159DED61.jpeg

05D45B2C-34D1-49C3-BB59-967A612BEC6E.jpeg

Ugh. Thanks for convincing me I need to go ITX!

Kidding, LOVE the build man. Very sleek.

Project from MDPC-X for today ?

IMG_1059.jpg.879ba7728f2b1ec39078fa6be41b5dd1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit the case looks good with the tinted, custom panels! Looking forward to seeing the build with your custom sleeved cables! And I really would suggest you making a fan cover... Those cables get really stiff, real fast! By the way... Do you know where I can get some window sidepanels for my build?

Hey OP,

Thanks for this, really helpful, I am working on my first build while awaiting for the v3 to arrive, and am using your build as a guide. Most of our parts are the same, other than the GPU (rip to those prices) 

Question about the Asetek, i'm looking at getting the 545LC, since like you I also bought the 8700k and I'm reading reports that a simple Noctua L9i won't do the job, but my question is - did you have to buy a retention kit as well? I'm not familiar with the pieces I need, and would rather have it all shipped in one go rather than getting the 545 and then finding out I need a retention kit later. I will probably go with the same fan as you. 

Thanks in advance!

Nice build and thanks for the guide on custom plexi designs. I'm going to use one for my v2 as I'm not at all a fan of having DAN on the side of mine. I have some Be Quiet! 92mm fans on a slow boat from Europe heading my way, because as much as I like Noctua, I really don't like their color choices. I will be doing custom cables aswell, as I've done them in the last three builds of mine, but I am using an old R9 nano right now and holding out to see what the next gen Nvidia/AMD cards are doing rather than spend money on overpriced 1080Tis right now.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 11:40 AM, Selder said:

I ordered my Asetek 545LC kit directly from their webshop and when you add the 545LC to your cart Asetek says "Fan not included. Retention kits sold separately.". You can then easily add the Intel 115X / 1366 Premium Retention Ring Kit for Asetek Liquid Coolers to your cart.

5ac5eeed84da0_ScreenShot2018-04-05at11_38_28.thumb.png.aa4f6fb92983d07e9db8ba47d14c8c6b.png

Yeah... I didn't see that retention kit thing... Ended up waiting two months from ordering the cooler to getting it installed due to extra shipping... :( Thanks on everybody's behalf for reminding us of that again, so no one has to go through a whole month of pain just like me by only being able to look at the cooler and not actually use it... :)

42 minutes ago, Mnpctech said:

Progress looks good! (bookmarked)

Just saw you on @Revan654's build, guess you're checking out the progress on the site as a whole? :P

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious