Should Linus grow a beard?

Look at his face, he does not have stubble or 5'oclock shadow across the whole area where a man would normally grow a beard. Some people are like this, either with patchy facial hair or facial hair that is very soft and not bristly enough to be considered a beard.

If he did not shave I don't think he could grow a full beard from what I've seen.

You never know until you try.

I am curious to see him with beard

Agreed.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

If Linus tried to grow a beard, I think he'd go into some sort of shock coma.  The gods did not grant him this ability.  What you all ask is more than he can bear.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

If Linus tried to grow a beard, I think he'd go into some sort of shock coma.  The gods did not grant him this ability.  What you all ask is more than he can bear.

Linus can do anything bro, I berrieevee in him

simple solution: instant beard !

X5ySSS5.jpg

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

simple solution: instant beard !

X5ySSS5.jpg

I like your thinking, welcome aboard son.

Yes he does

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

This doesn't belong in General Discussion.

And that is why it has been moved to Off-Topic.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Linus really needs to grow a beard

Really should 

This is a repost, there was a poll on this and @WoodenMarker and @alpenwasser are watching. :P

Yep, been posted. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/142796-petition-for-linus-to-grow-a-beard/page-2

Merging the threads.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I don't think Linus could grow one if he tried. No offence to him, I think he looks good already. Beards are gross anyway. I don't mind stubble, but that's the extent of it. 

YES!!!

Why not? Would be kind of silly, but not sure if he could risk his "professionalism" over something silly. But if it's for the community who cares.

And by the way, this is not at all creepy.

What's the risk we love when he is himself and can get silly, his professionalism is appreciated but down inside we like the goofy Linus.

I think he should. It would be cool to see him with one even if just for 1 video. :D

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

I think he should. It would be cool to see him with one even if just for 1 video. :D

A beard takes longer than 1 video my friend

Yarrrrr,

The lily-livered scallywag doesn't have it to be a gentleman o'fortune,

But a beard would be good for the landlubber

I didn't say anything about pirates

• 2 weeks later...

guys this still needs to happen

Gaze into the future with me!

28ch549.jpg

uh... dayum.  Just sayin.

if it comes in patchy though I mean... His face IS his money maker. gotta look good on the Youtubes eh?

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

THE BEARD

The most powerful weapon in any man's arsenal. If used correctly, this object can have the power to turn your average boy into a devastatingly handsome man. So why, then, haven't we seen Linus with a spec of facial hair since his first film debut with the classic Sunbeam Tunic Tower video?  

I'm sure he has his reasons...

5LuLvGn.png

This beard is so rare, it's a known fact that even Linus' wife has never seen it. (Really, it's a fact). (I swear...)In light of all of this, I propose a petition; one where Linus must grow his beard for a minimum of 1 month. This mythical beard has eluded us for too long. We've stuck by him for over 5 years, we've seen his hair greasy and disheveled, we've seen sweat stains under his pits and even... bleach blonde hair... Gross.

A beard, though; A beard would be magnificent. 

If we band together, I know we can can(maybe)convince Linus to(maybe) grow his beard out for once. For us. For the children. FOR GOD'S SAKE LINUS, THINK OF THE CHILDREN. 

Trust me I'm an expert and this is an excellent idea. 

Even Linus agrees.

FFDB4mT.jpg

Waiting for someone to Photoshop Linus' face onto Slick's head :D

How the f*ck I didn't see this post!??!?!

You saw it now, that's what matters most.

• 2 weeks later...

185 votes for yes, let's keep it going guys I'm pretty sure Linus will see this and grow his beard immediately after, I can feel it in my boner

185 votes for yes, let's keep it going guys I'm pretty sure Linus will see this and grow his beard immediately after, I can feel it in my boner

You can feel it in your boner... wat.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."