Status update from the main page

WkdPaul

When writing a status update from the main page, I'm getting a row popup for what seems to be the "police/paragraph format" options (my Chrome is in French BTW). Getting this in Chrome 64 and Edge (haven't tried IE or Firefox since I don't have them installed).

This is recent since I often post from the main page when I don't have to insert a picture, so new from this week maybe???

Capture.PNG.6e8207bc3652dc74e3d0fd177a2b4e8b.PNG

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

That's odd. I'm also using Chrome 64 and I never have that one.

image.png.4e1ac86733503a5d147792ddb324fecc.png

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

@hey_yo_  yeah, just wrote this whole status update without getting this weird popup (though I was able to reproduce it on Edge a few minutes prior!)

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/243728-wkdpaul/?status=188661&type=status

EDIT : just realized I didn't close Edge, tried again and still has the bug ;

Capture.PNG.899d3c7ea223b481c86e27dca8e551c2.PNG

yeah, can't reproduce it anymore.

@colonel_mortis Unless someone else can reproduce it I think this can be closed.

EDIT : nope, still there, had to click on the empty space where the format options are but still got it (back in Chrome this time) ; 

Capture.PNG.ad6f7ad35ba6ad5b446a359d86e0151b.PNG

Edited by wkdpaul

That's bizarre. I've not changed anything for a while, and the editor hasn't changed for even longer. If you make your window very narrow, are you able to reproduce it in editors in other parts of the site?

HTTP/2 203

13 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

That's bizarre. I've not changed anything for a while, and the editor hasn't changed for even longer. If you make your window very narrow, are you able to reproduce it in editors in other parts of the site?

I haven't tried it, I'll try later and give you an update, but it's hard to reproduce as it is, not sure what triggers it.

Doesnt appear to be happening on FireFox 45.5.1

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

@colonel_mortis forgot to update this thread yesterday.

The culprit is a French spell-checking software called Antidote, it adds extensions to the main browsers and there's a background service that also runs to catch incompatible softwares and browsers.

Bug only happens on the PC that has it and is absent from those that don't. Not going through the uninstalling process to be 100% sure but I'm pretty certain that software is what's causing the problems.

Edited by wkdpaul

I'm on the most recent Firefox version and don't get that. It might be the browser extension you mentioned.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

@colonel_mortis forgot to update this thread yesterday.

The culprit is a French spell-checking software called Antidote, it adds extensions to the main browsers and there's a background service that also runs to catch incompatible softwares and browsers.

Bug only happens on the PC that has it and is absent from those that don't. Not going through the uninstalling process to be 100% sure but I'm pretty certain that software is what's causing the problems.

How does one get the status update box?

9 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

How does one get the status update box?

While on the main page, scroll down and on the right side, under the "latest LTT videos", you can see others status updates and a small box right above that where you can post a quick status update

Spoiler

Capture002.PNG.0798ad9afeb9e9f2d6c018f4d6e7cbbc.PNG

for the whole thing, it's in the top menu and can be accessed from this link also ;

https://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?app=core&module=status&controller=ajaxcreate

Edited by wkdpaul

17 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

The culprit is a French spell-checking software called Antidote,

Ah, french canadians always messing everything up ;) 

dont call me a bitch again plz

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 2/14/2018 at 7:42 AM, wkdpaul said:

While on the main page, scroll down and on the right side, under the "latest LTT videos", you can see others status updates and a small box right above that where you can post a quick status update

Reveal hidden contents

Capture002.PNG.0798ad9afeb9e9f2d6c018f4d6e7cbbc.PNG

for the whole thing, it's in the top menu and can be accessed from this link also ;

https://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?app=core&module=status&controller=ajaxcreate

That "whats on your mind" doesnt seem to be there. Nor is the recent updates...

some sort of setting i need?

Same here.  As soon as I click the "What's on your mind?" text, the site loads my profile page.  I don't see anything status update-related there.

I've never even used that.  I didn't even know it existed xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 15/02/2018 at 5:54 PM, Bajantechnician said:

That "whats on your mind" doesnt seem to be there. Nor is the recent updates...

some sort of setting i need?

It only shows up on the forum index, not within topics or subforums.

On 15/02/2018 at 9:19 PM, Captain Chaos said:

Same here.  As soon as I click the "What's on your mind?" text, the site loads my profile page.  I don't see anything status update-related there.

You need to enable status updates in the edit profile page.

HTTP/2 203

16 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

You need to enable status updates in the edit profile page.

Ah, that would explain it indeed.  Must have missed that option for years.  :$

Tnx!