Ryzen 5 2400G & Ryzen 3 2200G APU (with Vega GPUs) review kits are being sent out

Master Disaster
8 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

I wonder how many vega stream processors they could squeeze onto at 8 core am4 cpu

Dont believe that is possible since they remove one of the 4 core clusters to fit the vega compute units. Though it would be interesting. If there is an r7-2x00G it is probably only a compute unit increase and clock speed increase

Put one of these in a mining rig and you got another GPU to utilise ;)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Agost said:

DDR4-2933 as an official ram clock? Is it legit?

Makes sense, APUs are usually bottlenecked by memory bandwidth. They've usually come with higher official memory speed support than other CPUs.

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Makes sense, APUs are usually bottlenecked by memory bandwidth. They've usually come with higher official memory speed support than other CPUs.

Lets just hope that the IMC is as good as that of standalone Ryzen. Lets just say that with previous CMT based APU-it wasn't unusual to see DDR3 1600 being dropped down to DDR3 800 with first-gen-ULV-i5 performance.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

22 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

I wonder how many vega stream processors they could squeeze onto at 8 core am4 cpu

Currently, the RX Vega parts are a bit larger than the entire Ryzen die, so the answer, currently, is very few.

However, life gets REALLY interesting at 7nm. And I also just realized why AMD would put Vega on 7nm as an automatic. A RX480/580 Die is small amount larger than a Ryzen Die. 7nm would allow you to put a full 8c Zen1 die and a RX580 on the same package at roughly the exact same size as a current part.  Now, that'd be horribly, horribly bandwidth starved, so the Zen2 APUs, due late 2019 or early 2020 will probably be 8c and ~16 to 24 CUs. Probably 16 CUs and save some die space, maybe clock in around 180 mm2.

20 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Dont believe that is possible since they remove one of the 4 core clusters to fit the vega compute units. Though it would be interesting. If there is an r7-2x00G it is probably only a compute unit increase and clock speed increase

The issue is what Die are they using, the Zeppelin Die is 8c16t no GPU, and the APU die is 4c8t 11CU.

To make a Ryzen 7 G part they would need to have another Die design or go MCM and using the Zeppelin die with VegaM

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

2 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

The issue is what Die are they using, the Zeppelin Die is 8c16t no GPU, and the APU die is 4c8t 11CU.

To make a Ryzen 7 G part they would need to have another Die design or go MCM and using the Zeppelin die with VegaM

Oh, I didnt know that they had a only 4 core die

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

1 minute ago, Thermosman said:

Oh, I didnt know that they had a only 4 core die

Feels a but empty if they left out the R7 in this linup. Not that it matters much but still. The linup doesnt feel completed. 

I am kinda wishing to see a mac mini of sorts using this Processor. Or any other mini system for that matter. Cooling may be an issue in that formfactor, but dialing down the clocks a bit and it should maybe work

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Feels a but empty if they left out the R7 in this linup. Not that it matters much but still. The linup doesnt feel completed. 

well hopefully with the success of Ryzen, they will make more dies or options for zen2 in 2019 or zen3 in 2020+

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

well hopefully with the success of Ryzen, they will make more dies or options for zen2 in 2019 or zen3 in 2020+

Maybe at that point use Navi to combo up with Zen3 or Zen2. Or even 7nm vega since it is quite a nice chip at lower clocks. 

Imagine scalable navi with scalable zen in a TR4 socket formfactor. (Nah thats just whishful thinking)

1 hour ago, Noyu said:

MY BAD UPON MORE GOOGLE-FU YOU WERE RIGHT!!

Zen (14nm) = Ryzen 1 and the Ryzen APUs  (2200G and 2400G)

Zen+ (12nm) = Ryzen 2

Zen 2 (7nm)

See, I really still think they should have done:

Zen (14nm) = Ryzen 1 and the Ryzen APUs  (2200G, 1300x, 2400G 1500x, 1600, 1600x, 1700, 1700x, 1800x)

Zen+ (12nm) = Ryzen 2 (2250G, 1350X, 2450G, 1550x, 1650, 1650X, 1750, 1750x, 1850x)

Zen 2 (7nm) = True 2 series (2600, 2700, etc.)

Right now it looks like Zen 2 will be "Ryzen 3" which will be kinda confusing

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

As @Energycore pointed out in a status, what's REALLY missing is a Ryzen 5 2600G, which would be a six core 12 thread APU

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

As @Energycore pointed out in a status, what's REALLY missing is a Ryzen 5 2600G, which would be a six core 12 thread APU

Well at that point they might aswell make a 8 core 16 thread Ryzen 7 2700G/2800G. Since you need 2 four core cluster tl make that doable, abd at this point there is only 1 four core cluster

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

It's more like they're limited by the amount of HBM memory production, and the fact that they made contracts with Apple (their Apple Pro machines) and probably Intel to give them priority to the chips with HBM memory, so there's less quantity available for regular gaming cards (the Vega cards)

And even if they'd have enough quantity, they'd be snatched quickly to be used for mining since they're great for mining Monero or whatnot.

and also part is going to ssgs 

33 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Currently, the RX Vega parts are a bit larger than the entire Ryzen die, so the answer, currently, is very few.

However, life gets REALLY interesting at 7nm. And I also just realized why AMD would put Vega on 7nm as an automatic. A RX480/580 Die is small amount larger than a Ryzen Die. 7nm would allow you to put a full 8c Zen1 die and a RX580 on the same package at roughly the exact same size as a current part.  Now, that'd be horribly, horribly bandwidth starved, so the Zen2 APUs, due late 2019 or early 2020 will probably be 8c and ~16 to 24 CUs. Probably 16 CUs and save some die space, maybe clock in around 180 mm2.

if hbm2 production increases enough....it would be a dream,

add to that functioning vega features and 7nm clocks it would work very well,

34 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Damn if AMD hints towards this I'll hit pause on the 2400G and get that instead ahaha.

To be honest I just want an APU that can play like a 1050/Ti.

But I doubt that'll happen within the year.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

37 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Zen+ fills out the lineup. The APUs slot in between CPUs. The only chance of an R7 APU is a heavily binned one but it doesn't really make much sense.

48 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Lets just hope that the IMC is as good as that of standalone Ryzen. Lets just say that with previous CMT based APU-it wasn't unusual to see DDR3 1600 being dropped down to DDR3 800 with first-gen-ULV-i5 performance.

It should be better than Ryzen.

23 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

See, I really still think they should have done:

Zen (14nm) = Ryzen 1 and the Ryzen APUs  (2200G, 1300x, 2400G 1500x, 1600, 1600x, 1700, 1700x, 1800x)

Zen+ (12nm) = Ryzen 2 (2250G, 1350X, 2450G, 1550x, 1650, 1650X, 1750, 1750x, 1850x)

Zen 2 (7nm) = True 2 series (2600, 2700, etc.)

Right now it looks like Zen 2 will be "Ryzen 3" which will be kinda confusing

Why would imaginary products to fit a preconceived notion be better?

The APUs aren't on the same schedule as CPUs so there are additional changes found only on the next generation CPUs. That's why Raven Ridge and Pinnacle Ridge exist in the same product line besides the 2018 release year.

Zen microarchitecture doesn't follow the Ryzen marketing (engineering and marketing don't piss in each other's work space). They're separate and mostly irrelevant for the average consumer. It's only confusing if you conflate the two. Zen3 might end up being Ryzen 5000 series and APUs 6000 for all we know so better get used to it now 

There is nothing missing. The die tops out at 4c8t and 11 CU. They'd need an entirely new die to go beyond that. That'd take a while and many millions to do that for a single product which means not going to happen. Also, even if it was 12nm based it'd increase die size significantly.

So that means Zen2 APUs on 7nm at the earliest. So you'll be waiting 2 years presumably.

2 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Why would imaginary products to fit a preconceived notion be better?

The APUs aren't on the same schedule as CPUs so there are additional changes found only on the next generation CPUs. That's why Raven Ridge and Pinnacle Ridge exist in the same product line besides the 2018 release year.

Zen microarchitecture doesn't follow the Ryzen marketing (engineering and marketing don't piss in each other's work space). They're separate and mostly irrelevant for the average consumer. It's only confusing if you conflate the two. Zen3 might end up being Ryzen 5000 series and APUs 6000 for all we know so better get used to it now 

There's a reason Intel denoted 8th gen CPU's with an 8 at the beginning of the SKUs... It's because it's easier for the general consumer to understand. And I guarantee you people will mix Zen 2 with Ryzen+ SKU's...

When the Nvidia GTX 1080 launched, there were people who thought it was specifically for 1080p gaming. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Also (Only an unboxing, but still)

It sounds like the IMC is a fair bit better than the original ryzen cpus and also without the IF between CCXes I think it may be possible that these cpus could compete better with Covfefe lake i3s and maybe even i5s than other ryzen cpus.

Of course, only time will tell but I think it's totally possible.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

I don't think that's what you want xD. Compared to intel the IMC in ryzen isn't that good, so I really hope they improved it.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

15 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Also (Only an unboxing, but still)

We did get 1 peice of new information, The 2200G and 2400G have x8 PCIe for "graphics cards" vs all the others x16

https://overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_ryzen_3_2200g_and_ryzen_5_2400g_apu_preview/1

7 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

We did get 1 peice of new information, The 2200G and 2400G have x8 PCIe for "graphics cards" vs all the others x16

https://overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_ryzen_3_2200g_and_ryzen_5_2400g_apu_preview/1

The x8 bandwith isnt challanged yet in games(and a lot of other tasks). So i presume for an average user it is not an major issue. I can see why there is only 8 leftover as opposed to 16. Since they might be dedicating 8 to the iGPU

Edit: it doesnt make me super happy to see there is only 8x pci left to gpu...... But it is negilable

Edited by GoldenLag

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

The x8 bandwith isnt challanged yet in games(and a lot of other tasks). So i presume for an average user it is not an major issue. I can see why there is only 8 leftover as opposed to 16. Since they might be dedicating 8 to the iGPU

Edit: it doesnt make me super happy to see there is only 8x pci left to gpu...... But it is negilable

Ya I think it has X16 total which will be x4 for chipset, x4 for M.2 and x8 for extra PCI device (aka GPU).

I don't see a reason to need more then x8, for iGPU or dGPU.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

If you disabled the iGPU, would that allow a full x16 connection in the PCI-E slot? Kinda a mute point since GPU's run perfectly fine on x8 connections, this is purely for science and something we will have to wait on reviews for.

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Ya I think it has X16 total which will be x4 for chipset, x4 for M.2 and x8 for extra PCI device (aka GPU).

I don't see a reason to need more then x8, for iGPU or dGPU.

Unless you are using Titan V for deep learning and other shenanigans, but you must be a fool to pair a 2400G and a Titan V