Need things that a console can do better that PC.

Ghostsquidy
Message added by WkdPaul

Thread was cleaned.

This topic should stay on track and on-topic, any fight started will see everyone involved receive an appropriate warning, this will be the only notification given.

I have to do a speech for French class at my school and my topic is why PC's are better then consoles, but to make things fair and show that I did my research I need some things that consoles do better then PC's or stuff PC's can't do at all.

Better controller support thats about it 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

If you don't have a controller for your PC or you don't have a wireless mouse and keyboard a console can be much more living room friendly.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

44 minutes ago, Ghostsquidy said:

I have to do a speech for French class at my school and my topic is why PC's are better then consoles, but to make things fair and show that I did my research I need some things that consoles do better then PC's or stuff PC's can't do at all.

Does it have to be on modern components? Because long ago the consoles actually stood a chance.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Framepacing, Consistent experience across users (Pro and X, changed this though), Power consumption, Size, Security (harder to hack), Full TV support, Way better HDR support.

Hi

6 hours ago, Ghostsquidy said:

There isn't really anything besides playing the games that are exclusive to the Consoles.

One thing that may be an advantage is that you can control some consoles with the remote control of your TV. The PS4 PRO can do that for example.

You can't do that with PC...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

To be honest just explain why PC is better then talk about what makes console better than pc, This being easy to connect with friends, Able to Have LAN parties with mates using the one console before Online became massive it promoted social interaction by inviting people over to your house for a match, Allows the player to a causal gaming experience without the need to feel like you at an unfair disadvantage. etc 

Just think about what Consoles Done in a more social way than what PC's have done. Think on why consoles was the PRIMARY gaming point before Computers where used. Simple research on what made Console a great system should be easy enough to see the pro's and Con's between both platforms. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

reliability. what i mean is that on a console theres no checking wether a game will run or how well it will run it just runs. it may look crapier than on pc but itll run and you dont have to worry about your hardware being outdated. also the compact size is much more living room friendly and it doubles as a bluray player. also controller support on pc can be crap. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

11 hours ago, Votivee said:

If you don't have a controller for your PC or you don't have a wireless mouse and keyboard a console can be much more living room friendly.

Very true, wired peripherals do have a limit to how far away you can plug them in from.

11 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Does it have to be on modern components? Because long ago the consoles actually stood a chance.

Yes, I have to make a persuasive speech so I need to convince the class that a PC is better then what consoles can offer. But to make my speech more of a suggestion I need to point out the things that consoles do better.

Exclusive titles would be a big one.  More so a case with Sony and Nintendo with Nintendo literally producing games for their hardware in house (good look getting Mario or Zelda on Steam anytime soon). 

Simplicity at least for now.  I realize consoles are beginning to be more like PC with multi-functioning streaming, and upgradable storage but its still worth to talk about how pretty much all you need is an HDMI and a power cable and you're set.

Cost.  Yes there are budget build PCs and PCs probably have a better bang for buck in the long run but for usually around $400 or less you get everything you need out of the box.  That has an appeal to it.

Console Game Optimization.  Although they have weaker hardware devs invest alot of resources and time to code their games so they run smoothly on the hardware they are given.  Plus there is the advantage knowing you buy a game for a system and you know 99.99% of the time it will work without issues since the hardware is a constant.

Local Multiplayer.  Self explanatory.  Far easier to have two wireless or two wired controllers on a couch in front of a TV than trying to do it on a computer monitor so I guess that would be the social aspect of it?

I would say these would give you a solid paper with these points

13 hours ago, Ghostsquidy said:

1: Exclusive Games (ps4 only, not microsoft's they don't have anything)

2: Lower Power Consumption

3: They can provide UI for a non-smart tv

4: Cheaper, better versus the pc at the same price

5: Better choice for casual gamers

6: Cheap repair services 

Streaming and video recording much easier and less power consuming. 

Sharing and shooting images easier. 

Most of the times cheaters free online experience. (that one is a deal breaker on its own) 

Cheaper, Easier, Games will run on it unless the dev is an douche, voice chat, Blue Ray playing, 

On the Switch, you can hit the power button while you play, and the system goes to sleep. You hit the power button again later on, and you are back at your game instantly. No need to save (wait) and quit a game, and later when you want to go back, start them up (wait), load your saved game (more wait), and that is assuming the game allows you to resume where you left off exactly, and not back track a bit. You don't have that on PC. Well.. you could put the system to sleep and come back, but PC sleep issue is not 100% reliable for everyone, especially in the custom build side. This is mostly because sleep is not used much, and manufactures don't do much testing related to it with a wide variety of hardware.

You can talk about how the switch can be played easy on the go and fit in your pocket. Modern gaming tablets aren’t there yet. 

A more unified experience in my opinion - generally games on a console "just work". No settings to fiddle with, not overclocking to squeeze out that one extra frame per second. Put the disk in and you are off to the races (after a lengthy install of course). The PC side has this of course, but there are just more variables at play and more choices to be made. This is either a pro or a con to different people. These days I just like to pick up my controller and play a game.

Follow me on Twitch! - Twitch.TV/PedenPants

Gaming Rig

Core i7-6800k @ 4.0 GHZ | 16 GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | WD Black NVMe 256 GB | WD Blue 1 TB | Acer 24" 144 HZ XFA240 | ASUS STRIX GTX 1070 8 GB

Streaming Rig - Dell Inspiron i7559

15.6" 1920x1080 | Intel Core i5-6300HQ @ 3.2GHZ | 16 GB DDR3-12800 | 256 GB SSD | Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB

• 2 weeks later...

Already mentioned before but largely exclusives.

I'm revisiting my Xbox 360S with a game I didn't own when I first really used the 360 back from 2011-2015.

I've been playing Forza Motorsport 3 a bit today as I just bought a copy of the game today, and man it sure is a pretty good game.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization