PS5 Specs

With Sony confirming tha they are working on the PS5 , what sort of specs should we expect assuming they will continue to work with AMD? Lets say that they are planning to release this mid to late 2019. We got Zen2+ , HBM 3 and amd finishing a brand new GPU architecture to succeed GNC. Being x86 , it would be cool if it could play PS4 games out of the box.

How would you guys put this system together and what features would you want?

Im sorry all I can think is of those really old predictions

image.png.a2b90e9debd15c289e4f2ce839af89f2.png

I dont know, everything the ps4 has right now seems good enough, I mean obviously the specs are important but IMO what else could you ask for.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

5 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Im sorry all I can think is of those really old predictions

image.png.a2b90e9debd15c289e4f2ce839af89f2.png

I dont know, everything the ps4 has right now seems good enough, I mean obviously the specs are important but IMO what else could you ask for.

what is this ?
2019's CES usb stick ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

My prediction is that the PS5 will be kinda like the PS4 or PS4 Prro but with two major exceptions: It'll be faster and have more storage.

Now, MAYBE I'm way off base here, it could be SLOWER or EXACTLY SAME BUT COME IN POKADOTS, sure.  But I just have this gut suspicion that it'll be a black box that's faster than a PS4.

12 minutes ago, Noctua_Boy said:

With Sony confirming tha they are working on the PS5 , what sort of specs should we expect assuming they will continue to work with AMD? Lets say that they are planning to release this mid to late 2019. We got Zen2+ , HBM 3 and amd finishing a brand new GPU architecture to succeed GNC. Being x86 , it would be cool if it could play PS4 games out of the box.

How would you guys put this system together and what features would you want?

There's a very strong possibility it will have PS4 compatibility as the architectures will be the same, they're all basically pc's now 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Can we please get default SSD storage on the PS5? It's 2018 goddammit hard drives are a thing of the past (or for datacenters)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Can we please get default SSD storage on the PS5? It's 2018 goddammit hard drives are a thing of the past (or for datacenters)

but whats stopping them from putting a crappy 120GB SSD there?

Just now, Energycore said:

The Xbox one X uses a hybrid Hard drive , which is a step towards getting rid of magnetic drives. The problem is the size of the games specially the 4k textures/assets , some games are pushing 50gb + , i dont see SSD being cost effective anytime soon compared to magnetic drives.

Yes i would love to have a NVME 1TB hard drive on my console.

Just now, Noctua_Boy said:

The Xbox one X uses a hybrid Hard drive , which is a step towards getting rid of magnetic drives. The problem is the size of the games specially the 4k textures/assets , some games are pushing 50gb + , i dont see SSD being cost effective anytime soon compared to magnetic drives.

Yes i would love to have a NVME 1TB hard drive on my console.

Yeah, I don't like this obsession with ultra uber fucking big textures, what might happen with the PS5 is that it'll ship with a 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD and have the OS manage what data's on the SSD. It could work in theory.

1 minute ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

but whats stopping them from putting a crappy 120GB SSD there?

I don't think it would sell if it turned out that you can only store 2-3 games in there. My wish is that SSDs become a lot cheaper before the PS5 launches so launching with a 500GB SSD isn't that far out of the question.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

10 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Yeah, I don't like this obsession with ultra uber fucking big textures, what might happen with the PS5 is that it'll ship with a 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD and have the OS manage what data's on the SSD. It could work in theory.

I don't think it would sell if it turned out that you can only store 2-3 games in there. My wish is that SSDs become a lot cheaper before the PS5 launches so launching with a 500GB SSD isn't that far out of the question.

I think they should have some kind of hybrid drive on the low end, SSD on the mid-end, and NVME on the high end. That should be enough right? Or an option with a Seagate 10TB HDD xDxD 

Would love to see a Intel CPU and Nvidia graphics for Xbox or Playstation eventually. You would be much further ahead in terms of graphical performance. Not that AMD is bad, I just see a bigger benefit from it. But everyone has there own opinion.

The geek himself.

11 minutes ago, ExplosiveSloths said:

I'd love a portal hybrid like the switch.

Kind of separates itself from the PC market and is more useful.

How would they do that?The only reason you pick up a PS4 nowadays is because you want a powerful console and those 4k graphics,if the made a switch,unless it was in some way significantly better,I don't see why you would ever buy that over a switch

My life

5 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Would love to see a Intel CPU and Nvidia graphics for Xbox or Playstation eventually. You would be much further ahead in terms of graphical performance. Not that AMD is bad, I just see a bigger benefit from it. But everyone has there own opinion.

Im afraid that Nvdia burt their bridges with Microsoft and Sony. Nasty lawsuits result in both companies ditching Nvidia for AMD.

2 minutes ago, Noctua_Boy said:

Im afraid that Nvdia burt their bridges with Microsoft and Sony. Nasty lawsuits result in both companies ditching Nvidia for AMD.

For Xbox, yes and no. I only know they used Nvidia Graphics on the first Surface Book

The geek himself.

No matter the specs, games will still mostly run at 30 fps :P , becouse why increase the frame rate when u can make things looks shiney, or finaly reach native 1080p, or god forbid 'proper' 4k, no checkerboarding.

Seriosly, i cant even consider buying a console while their frame rates are always below 60, and even dip below 30.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I'd love to see it able to be upgraded by the end user, and throw in a full size gpu.

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

Comic sans is the worst font

Check out my monitor overclocking guide

2 hours ago, SolarNova said:

No matter the specs, games will still mostly run at 30 fps :P , becouse why increase the frame rate when u can make things looks shiney, or finaly reach native 1080p, or god forbid 'proper' 4k, no checkerboarding.

Seriosly, i cant even consider buying a console while their frame rates are always below 60, and even dip below 30.

Some devs try to remedy this with dynamic resolution upscale/downscale... but i trully agree with the fact that a fluid experience is way more important than graphical glitter. 

4k requires an absurd amount amount of power to be processed correctly at high frames rates , power that could be used on other areas of the game... more objects , better drawing distance , better particles ,better physics , etc...

Not sure if its because im getting old and been playing games since the 90s but i strugled to see the diffence between 1080p and 4k , unless we are talking about massive 50inch+ Tvs at close range.

Ryzen APU with Vega. Probably a lot more memory (16GB minimum, no HBM or HBM2). Storage will most likely be 5.6k RPM laptop drives still, most likely 1TB or 2TB.

Even if Zen+ is out, it's much cheaper to sell older parts.

Hi

4 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Can't speak for the Pro, but the One X has been doing better than I expected. Most of the games I play are either at locked 4k60 or Dynamic4k60.

Hi

12 hours ago, Noctua_Boy said:

With Sony confirming tha they are working on the PS5 , what sort of specs should we expect assuming they will continue to work with AMD?

Whoelse is willing and able to make a high performance CPU and GPU Design for anyone with the money for it??

There is no Alternative to AMD...

My Guess would be an 8core Ryzen with somewhat around 2,5GHz (+/- 0,5GHz) and something around 2560 Vega Shader...

If they use HBM2 or not is a good question. Depends on the Price for 16GiB...

And you can also assume a 1TB 2,5" Drive for the Basic Model...

The only question remaining is if they will still put an optical drive inside or not...

Its entirely possible that they go back to Flashcards (although they were Masked ROMs at the time meaning hardwired in production, though Sony never used ROM Cartridges ever for a stationary console)...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

7 hours ago, 48Hz said:

Even if Zen+ is out, it's much cheaper to sell older parts.

Has _NOTHING_ to do with what's cheaper but with what's available.

That's why PS4 and XBone have both Jaguar cores and not Kaveri. Because they were available, Kaveri was not.

You have to take what's available a year or two before release because AMD has to bake the full custom chips. And that takes (a bit) Time.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4K60fps MIN performance with SSD based storage a la memory cards ( basically a hot swap SSD system )

At around 599-699 euro 

Let's agree to disagree

14 hours ago, Energycore said:

Fuck that shit. I don't want to pay $200 more for the system just so it loads into games 20% faster.