Budget CPU And Ram (And mother board if needed)

Okay so i'm a streamer/gamer (streams rust pubg ect) and i'm trying to find a CPU that fits into my 340$ budget i also was wondering what 2 8gb ram sticks i should get, it have to be compatible with this motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-970A-DS3P FX (rev. 2.1) ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard, Or a new budget one that is compatible. I've looked into Intel and Ryzen but they are really expensive. I want my stream to be good and my game play to be good but i don't know which one to find.

If you have a total budget of $340 I'd wait for the upcoming ryzen 3 22/400g, it comes out on the 12th of february

Spoiler

3336542-introducing%2B2400g.jpg&key=03c0

Edit: I see you're looking for a cpu compatible with your existing motherboard, what CPU do you currently have in it?

You could get a used FX-8350, that would be pretty good if the ryzen options are too expensive

You can look on the used market. If you plan on streaming a game like PUBG a lot of fast cores is nice. I'd honestly recommend something like a xeon e5 1660 or if you can find an x58 motherboard that can overclock a w3670 xeon. Both will out do anything on AM3 and can usually be found cheaper. Also, if you can up your budget an i7 5820K on the used market is around $200 USD but the x99 motherboards and ram are going to be a bit pricy.

If you don't want to hunt for an x79 motherboard and don't want to overclock I do highly recommend the 1660. you can find pretty cheap C602 motherboards for pretty cheap

2 minutes ago, 91wow said:

You can look on the used market. If you plan on streaming a game like PUBG a lot of fast cores is nice. I'd honestly recommend something like a xeon e5 1660 or if you can find an x58 motherboard that can overclock a w3670 xeon. Both will out do anything on AM3 and can usually be found cheaper. Also, if you can up your budget an i7 5820K on the used market is around $200 USD but the x99 motherboards and ram are going to be a bit pricy.

I'm okay with used markets but im always worried they will come in broke or something, also i like your options so ill look into them.

6 minutes ago, mikat said:

If you have a total budget of $340 I'd wait for the upcoming ryzen 3 22/400g, it comes out on the 12th of february

Reveal hidden contents

3336542-introducing%2B2400g.jpg&key=03c0

Edit: I see you're looking for a cpu compatible with your existing motherboard, what CPU do you currently have in it?

You could get a used FX-8350, that would be pretty good if the ryzen options are too expensive

I will find out my current CPU. Also Ryzen 3 22/400g? will it be good?

1 minute ago, DeadlyGamer2k said:

I'm okay with used markets but im always worried they will come in broke or something, also i like your options so ill look into them.

Ebay has a DOA money back guarantee if you use paypal. I got my whole system from searching through ebay. The only thing that came in dead was ram, Ebay refunded me fully and the seller sent me more ram. 

3 minutes ago, 91wow said:

Ebay has a DOA money back guarantee if you use paypal. I got my whole system from searching through ebay. The only thing that came in dead was ram, Ebay refunded me fully and the seller sent me more ram. 

Ok i will look into, By the way alot of people are recommending Ryzen 5 1600x or. (My friend is recommending AMD - FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor)

Edited by DeadlyGamer2k

2 minutes ago, DeadlyGamer2k said:

Ok i will look into, By the way alot of people are recommending Ryzen 5 1600x or. (My friend is recommending AMD - FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor)

the Ryzen 1600 (non-X) is probably the best bang for the buck new CPU on the market and can handle most streaming sessions with little to no problem.

11 minutes ago, 91wow said:

the Ryzen 1600 (non-X) is probably the best bang for the buck new CPU on the market and can handle most streaming sessions with little to no problem.

its alot of money even used but ill look more. Also i have $340 (might be able to bump it up arround $350-390$)

56 minutes ago, 91wow said:

Is the AMD - FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor a good cpu for gaming and streaming?

6 minutes ago, DeadlyGamer2k said:

Is the AMD - FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor a good cpu for gaming and streaming?

I would say no. Outside of something like CSGO or a lighter game, the FX System really can't handle gaming and streaming that much anymore. 

26 minutes ago, 91wow said:

I would say no. Outside of something like CSGO or a lighter game, the FX System really can't handle gaming and streaming that much anymore. 

Nonsense. I have an fx6300 and it games just fine at 1080. Some games have to be turned down a tad to get a 60 fps. I never played pubg though

1 minute ago, Sat1600 said:

Nonsense. I have an fx6300 and it games just fine at 1080. Some games have to be turned down a tad to get a 60 fps. I never played pubg though

But now take that and streaming at the same time. Here is a benchmark of what is for all good reasons just an overclocked 8350 playing a few games and struggling to hit 60fps in pubg 

3 minutes ago, 91wow said:

But now take that and streaming at the same time. Here is a benchmark of what is for all good reasons just an overclocked 8350 playing a few games and struggling to hit 60fps in pubg 

That's one game that happens to be terribly optimized. And it's still playable. That is not the same as saying maybe csgo and lighter titles. Yes its getting old. I wouldn't invest a lot of money in any FX system. But let's not make it out to be completely obsolete

11 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

That's one game that happens to be terribly optimized. And it's still playable. That is not the same as saying maybe csgo and lighter titles. Yes its getting old. I wouldn't invest a lot of money in any FX system. But let's not make it out to be completely obsolete

But that's the game OP wants to play as well as stream and the 8350 just does not have the power to do that reliably in that title as well as many titles coming out. 

EDIT: Actually, Hardware Unboxed just released a video talking about the 8350 vs in i7 2600K and just going off that alone I can't fully recommend the 8350 for gaming and streaming. I'd actually recommend either an i7 3770K and a z77 motherboard or for a lot cheaper a xeon x3450 and a p55 motherboard from AliExpress for $100USD and overclock the snot out of either of them and they'll both do very well in gaming and streaming and both are capable of being turned into a streaming rig later on if OP would like to go that route

19 hours ago, 91wow said:

But that's the game OP wants to play as well as stream and the 8350 just does not have the power to do that reliably in that title as well as many titles coming out. 

EDIT: Actually, Hardware Unboxed just released a video talking about the 8350 vs in i7 2600K and just going off that alone I can't fully recommend the 8350 for gaming and streaming. I'd actually recommend either an i7 3770K and a z77 motherboard or for a lot cheaper a xeon x3450 and a p55 motherboard from AliExpress for $100USD and overclock the snot out of either of them and they'll both do very well in gaming and streaming and both are capable of being turned into a streaming rig later on if OP would like to go that route

How is this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DQkXcc

1 hour ago, 91wow said:

that is a more than capable system!

so it is better!!

1 hour ago, 91wow said:

that is a more than capable system!

i have two blue case fans so i was wondering is there any cheap red case fans, also which budget graphics card i should buy.

3 hours ago, DeadlyGamer2k said:

i have two blue case fans so i was wondering is there any cheap red case fans, also which budget graphics card i should buy.

With how GPU's are right now I cannot give you any recommendations besides to keep your eyes locked on Craigslist or Ebay for 780 TI's or 970's/980's

18 hours ago, 91wow said:

With how GPU's are right now I cannot give you any recommendations besides to keep your eyes locked on Craigslist or Ebay for 780 TI's or 970's/980's

Not even red case fans?

10 hours ago, DeadlyGamer2k said:

Not even red case fans?

none come to my mind in all honesty, im not that well versed in case fans. I usually just sick with what comes with my PC and if I need something more i'll just go get a OEM Coolermaster fan off ebay

I would stick to the used market. I'm currently selling my i5-6500 with a Gigabyte Z170 board for $200 locally. There can be deals, just have to look hard enough. 

7800X3D | Noctua NH-D15 Asus B650 ProArt-Creator 32GB 6000mhz GSkill S5 Asus TUF RTX 4090 | Corsair HX1000i | Sandisk 1TB NVME boot, Sabrent 2TB NVME, Crucial MX500 1TB, Crucial MX500 2TB | Lian-Li O11 Air Mini |

With your budget the Used market is your best spot.  Normally you can find Whole combo's for sale from people that upgraded.  I've picked up some nice deals like an AMD 8350 with a 990 motherboard for around 150.00. I have even picked up the 8370 for that price. Some will come with the memory also.  You can still game and stream fine with it.  Here is an example of what I have gotten

150 dollars 8350 FX processer.  MSI 990 gaming motherboard. W/8gig ram

16 gig of 1600 ram 50-100 dollars.

I posted a Craigs list score pix

Craigs list score.jpg