Apple Watch can detect diabetes with 85% accuracy

3 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Yeah, now to hack the thing so I don't need an iPhone to use one. :P

please no, always use iPhone with Apple Watch :)

15 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

please no, always use iPhone with Apple Watch :)

The thing is stylistically they don't even go together well unless you have a really old iphone

I mean really, just look at this bulky thicc rounded thing

38-alu-gold-sport-pink-nc-1up?wid=470&he

And then tell me if it matches better with the left or the right  :P

Iphone-3GS-black-2.jpgiphone-x-photo.jpg?quality=98&strip=all&w=782

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

18 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The thing is stylistically they don't even go together well unless you have a really old iphone

38-alu-gold-sport-pink-nc-1up?wid=470&he

Iphone-3GS-black-2.jpgiphone-x-photo.jpg?quality=98&strip=all&w=782

the airpods look nice with a white 3g/3gs

apple design language is weird.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Type 1 requires much more immediate attention. Type 2, not so much.

Yeah. Coming from someone who was diagnosed with metabolic syndrome in the past, I’d say treatment for type 2 is easier than type 1. Type 2 is reversible with lifestyle changes and medications like Metformin whereas Type 1 typically needs daily insulin injections plus other meds. 

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

And don't forget WebMD.  It detects AIDS and Cancer with 100% accuracy by assuming everyone has it, thus missing an astounding 0 cases!

Don’t get me started with such people. ??‍♂️

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Apple Watch is apparently almost at the point that it can accurately detect diabetes using neural networks and it’s existing sensors. 

I’m sorry to burst your bubble but 85% is by no means considered high enough to be accepted as a medical device for detecting diabetes. The gold standard in testing diabetes is still measuring Fasting Blood Sugar and HbAc1. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

And then tell me if it matches better with the left or the right

It best matches that iconic hipster beard. The one you know oh so, so well. The one ruined by that douche canoe. You know the one.

KEVIN.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I mean really, just look at this bulky thicc rounded thicc

I like the older iPhones a lot more tbh. New ones don't fit well in a hand, but these curvy boiis fitt very well.

Also Apple watches are really thicc. Chunky, but funky. Next Apple Watch I get i'll buy when they slim them down haha.

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'd love if the Apple Watch had the styling of an iPhone 5......I'd also love an iPhone that has the styling of the 5 (but bigger).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

I'd also love an iPhone that has the styling of the 5 (but bigger).

Talk the XDA community into porting iOS to the Note 4, and see if a machine shop will make you a custom metal backplate with 'iNote 4.'

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

I’m sorry to burst your bubble but 85% is by no means considered high enough to be accepted as a medical device for detecting diabetes.

Its not meant to be a medical device. Its a consumer electronics device. Its just able to be used in a way that lets it track and identify certain medical items. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

How are current iPhones not at least bulky? 

Also if they went thinner everyone would complain about the battery life. 

Regardless of the design of the Apple Watch (which I actually think is great), its still the best smartwatch. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

its still the best marketed smartwatch.

Fixed.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Fixed.

Not really, especially with the Series 3 all other smart watches can only really win in battery life (at the cost of a lot of features) and looks (which are subjective).

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

10488762.jpg

And then compare it to something like this (Samsung Gear S3).

At least the Samsung looks like a watch, LOL xD

Put a metal band on it and you have a classy formal watch,while the Apple watch looks like a childs toy.

Posting pro-apple news in this forum is just asking for arguments... 

Also apple watch's hear rate monitoring is stunningly accurate. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

21 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

At least the Samsung looks like a watch,

Which is really interesting because nobody I have seen has ever confused an Apple Watch with a refrigerator before......

38 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Fixed.

Meh, I'd say it along with the Gear S3/Gear Sport are the best smartwatches. I prefer navigating Tizen OS and the rotating bezel of the Gears as well as the aesthetics of the Gear S3, but WatchOS isn't too far behind. 

31 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

And then compare it to something like this (Samsung Gear S3).

At least the Samsung looks like a watch, LOL xD

Put a metal band on it and you have a classy formal watch,while the Apple watch looks like a childs toy.

I wouldn't exactly say classy. I personally prefer the looks of the S3 by a long shot compared to the Apple Watch, but it still doesn't exactly look classy.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Meh, I'd say it along with the Gear S3/Gear Sport are the best smartwatches. I prefer navigating Tizen OS and the rotating bezel of the Gears as well as the aesthetics of the Gear S3, but the WatchOS is advantageous in its own ways.

Agreed. And above all else, Android Wear is just hot garbage.

Though, I personally prefer the OG Gear Fit over everything else. I'd trade my Fit 2 to have my old Fit back.

I wouldn't exactly say classy. I personally prefer the looks of the S3 by a long shot compared to the Apple Watch, but it still doesn't exactly look classy.

I'd say it's classier, and with the right band and face, it'd be classy enough for formal events

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Agreed. And above all else, Android Wear is just hot garbage.

Though, I personally prefer the OG Gear Fit over everything else. I'd trade my Fit 2 to have my old Fit back.

I'd say it's classier, and with the right band and face, it'd be classy enough for formal events

It's definitely classier (but it could still do better) and if it was a bit smaller and thinner, then I would almost definitely have kept it instead of settling on an Apple Watch even if it meant not having Apple/Samsung-Pay and not being able to respond to notifications. It was just a bit too big and thick for me. The Gear Sport solves those problems except it has the awkward square behind circle face, which is a real shame imho. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's definitely classier (but it could still do better) and if it was a bit smaller and thinner, then I would almost definitely have kept it instead of settling on an Apple Watch even if it meant not having Apple/Samsung-Pay and not being able to respond to notifications. It was just a bit too big and thick for me. The Gear Sport solves those problems except it has the awkward square behind circle face, which is a real shame imho. 

My favorite, and one of my classiest watches, was this thick square monster. I wish I knew where it was.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

6 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Type 1 requires much more immediate attention. Type 2, not so much.

That sentence was supposed to read "aren't" not "are".

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

inb4 apple watch gains that notch

Motorola already beat them to it xD

Spoiler

Moto-360-22.jpg

3 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I'd love if the Apple Watch had the styling of an iPhone 5......I'd also love an iPhone that has the styling of the 5 (but bigger).

Yeah, imo it was their best design

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

How are current iPhones not at least bulky? 

I don't think they are particularly, for a phone.  Which shouldn't be surprising since they pride themselves on their thinness.

Also if they went thinner everyone would complain about the battery life.

That may be but the fact remains it looks like a very chunky lump strapped to your wrist - almost any other smart watch looks better and more professional imo

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

COMING SOON:

Need diabetes test? Look no further for convenience, for 100% accuracy simply wee on your Apple Watch.

15 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I always find it incredible how many people are willing to blindly follow the advice of a machine without consulting any kind of expert first.

I was at a seminar about AI where they talked about this and chances are, you're already better off following the advice of a machine rather than a doctor.

In fact, a lot of times doctors are already relying on machines.

A doctor only has their experience to go on, and a lot of times that's guesses based on indicate information.

A computer could scan through hundreds of thousands of people with similar test results as you to get a much more accurate prediction.

Not saying that you shouldn't trust doctors, but we are already at the point where doctors augmented by machines are better than just doctors, and in a few years removing the doctor completely could increase the number of successful diagnoses even further. Kind of like how future cars will be safer than human driven cars.

But with all that said, I wouldn't trust an Apple watch for diagnosing me, even a few generations from now. The machines doctors use are quite different from smartwatches still.