New ryzen 3 1200, asus prime b350m wont boot to bios

New ryzen build which i have been saving for over a year for doesnt boot. no bent pins under cpu, ram stick has een verified to work with mobo. computer turns on but does not give a display output with my gtx 960 inserted. Any known fixes?

reset CMOS, try every port on the card, make sure your monitor is set for that output

How long do you wait between resets? Ryzen's first boot can take a while like worst case: 1-5 minutes.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

reset CMOS, try every port on the card, make sure your monitor is set for that output

Tried resetting cmos. same problem but know ive found that as i boot, a signal is sent to the moniter as it turns on for a second but then the signal is lost.

I had that issue a week ago. I was using a very old HDMI cable though and switching to a new one seemed to fix the issue.

That being said, if you have that problem, try switching to a dedicated video port on your motherboard if available.

2 minutes ago, NMS said:

That being said, if you have that problem, try switching to a dedicated video port on your motherboard if available.

Yeah, but the R3 1200 doesn't have an iGPU so it's not possible.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah, but the R3 1200 doesn't have an iGPU so it's not possible.

I meant the graphics on the motherboard, they are available.

And it has DVI and VGA output.

Just now, NMS said:

I meant the graphics on the motherboard, they are available.

And it has DVI and VGA output.

Yeah, but those ports are useless if you don't have an APU in that motherboard :P Onboard graphics were replaced long ago by integrated GPUs and an R3 1200 doesn't have that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah, but those ports are useless if you don't have an APU in that motherboard :P Onboard graphics were replaced long ago by integrated GPUs and an R3 1200 doesn't have that.

I suddenly feel even older than I should be...

Thanks for clarifying.

what component is the most likely to be causing this problem? may be able to get a refund on some parts if the're causing the issue.

21 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

How long do you wait between resets? Ryzen's first boot can take a while like worst case: 1-5 minutes.

left it running for 10 minutes and still nothing :/

Likely a RAM or board issue.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

thinking mb board issue cause the ram i bought today was from a respectable seller i know irl which demonstrated it being used in a pc before he sold it to me.

Test the board outside of the case, if you haven't done so already, with nothing attached that isn't absolutely necessary to get it to post. Also, when you say the pc turns on, how so? Do you mean the fans spin, everything seems to come to life but no display?

• 6 months later...

I’m having exactly the same issue. The ram I’m trying to use is Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz led..

Everything else is new.

The board is a Asus prime B350m-k mAtx.

Did you find a solution to the problem?