Cannot upload new profile pic

So, every time i try to upload a new profile pic from my computer, (no matter the file type) it gets to the re-sizing page. Then when I click done, the page fails, and i get an error 500 from chrome (although i have tried firefox, edge, and IE too). I have tried on several computers too with no success. 

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Careful @colonel_mortis has 4004 rep, they might break it even more with that extra 0, turning your 404 to 4004 file found on Pluto the planet(pre-2006 version).

Tho could the issue be via connecting threw a 3rd party app/site like I did? I won't be changing my image likely any time soon but it's directly from my steam profile, so it's possible doing so does something weird to the image uploader. It's Invision afterall...

23 hours ago, Thermosman said:

how big is it? the max size is 2mb

The first time i tried it, it was 1.99MB. Then I re-sized it and what-not and it brought it down to 1.6MB. Still not working tho...  

23 hours ago, Thermosman said:

how big is it? the max size is 2mb

What is my profile pic right now on your screen?

23 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

;)

Oh? Same on mine...

23 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

So it seems like the website crashes before it actually uploads it? But the uploading occurs before the resizing... 

2 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

Oh? Same on mine...

your profile pic literally doesn't exist on the server thats why it appears like that, if you follow the image src then you get a error 404

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Just now, Thermosman said:

your profile pic literally doesn't exist on the server thats why it appears like that, if you follow the image src then you get a error 404

But it succeeds in uploading it, then lets me starts resizing it. Only after that, it crashes. 

Try uploading it to imgur then use the direct link function.

Else if all fails your image profile image can always be called Glitch from ReBoot :)

4 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Try uploading it to imgur then use the direct link function.

Else if all fails your image profile image can always be called Glitch from ReBoot :)

My laptop crashed after I imported from the url... So i am typing on my other computer. It looks like it managed to work before my laptop crashed xD

What resolution and file type it is? Could you post it to this thread as example? In past obscure resolutions have caused issues. Ideal would be 80x80px or 1:1 aspect ratio.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Almost certainly your gif has too many frames and/or is too high resolution, and the server is timing out resizing it to an appropriate size. We're aware that this happens, but there's not much we can do about it.

13 hours ago, JDE said:

Please don't do that. I, and anyone else concerned, will read all the topics in this section in due course, and if I have more notifications I am less likely to think I have time to go through them.

HTTP/2 203

10 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Almost certainly your gif has too many frames and/or is too high resolution, and the server is timing out resizing it to an appropriate size. We're aware that this happens, but there's not much we can do about it.

Please don't do that. I, and anyone else concerned, will read all the topics in this section in due course, and if I have more notifications I am less likely to think I have time to go through them.

Well, it worked by importing from a link (at the expense of crashing my entire laptop). So for the time being ima keep this pic that i drew for a long time :)

18 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What resolution and file type it is? Could you post it to this thread as example? In past obscure resolutions have caused issues. Ideal would be 80x80px or 1:1 aspect ratio.

it was not 1:1, although i could make it that way...

7 hours ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

it was not 1:1, although i could make it that way...

Is it resolved or not?  I could try adjusting it to a res/frame/etc that will work for you

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

22 hours ago, JDE said:

In addition to what mortis said, there is no reason for slick or windspeed to get involved with something like this

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Is it resolved or not?  I could try adjusting it to a res/frame/etc that will work for you

it has been fixed, well i dont know for sure, i know that my laptop succeeded in uploading it before it crashed. So i wont be changing it for a LONG time. Unless if i draw a new one xD