Can't adjust GPU voltage [MSI Afterburner]?

Jeroen1322

LbXOPV.jpg

1 hour ago, 0x6A7232 said:

RIP TinyPic... anyone have that picture and can re-upload to Imgur or similar?

Create your own thread and we will help you there.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 4 months later...
On 12/16/2013 at 6:47 AM, chaozbandit said:

Step 1. Make sure you're running the latest version of Afterburner to include support for the latest GPUs, among other things.

Step 2. Go into your MSI Afterburner main directory and locate the CFG file titled "MSIAfterburner. Open it with notepad since you'll only need simple word processing functions.

Step 3. Scroll down (or use the search function) for the following input fields and enter the values after the "="

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it

UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1

Then click "file" and "save" before exiting Notepad.

If you're using an Nvidia GPU you can stop after you save, but there is an additional step if you are running an AMD GPU.

Step 4. Go to your start menu and do a search for "regedit" without quotes. The path you need to follow is given below, with the final folder being {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Make the following highlighted changes, save, and reboot your system.

31525bd.png

And you're done! Voltage and overclocking control should be unlocked.

The picture is gone? Does somebody have it or is there another way for amd users?

• 8 months later...

Hey guys whenever i try to change my files in my msi afterburner settings in notepad it always tells me i dont have permission to do this and i dont know how to fix it please help

• 6 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 7:30 AM, Joshua1234 said:

Hey guys whenever i try to change my files in my msi afterburner settings in notepad it always tells me i dont have permission to do this and i dont know how to fix it please help

If you have administrator privileges (admin account), then you can change permissions by:

Right click on the MSI Afterburner folder and click properties

Go to the "Security" tab

Click on the "Users"  Group name, and you can apply these settings to other group names too

Next to where it says, "To change permissions, click Edit," click edit

Check the "Allow" box under all permission categories

Apply and done