EVGA GTX1080 Ti SC2

MajesticEmu

I recently purchased a used gtx 1080 Ti SC2, it came with the original air cooler, and also evga's 1080ti hybrid cooler (purchased separately). The issue i have is that it came with the liquid cooler installed, and i want to use the air cooler, BUT the seller did not include the screws for it.  i have tried using the screws from the liquid cooler, and all fit (maybe not the best but they fit) except for the 4 spring screws, which are too long. I have contacted evga, and they will not send replacement screws. What are my options? I have been looking on ebay and found some M2 7mm 316 screws but am unsure if they're the correct size.

2 minutes ago, MajesticEmu said:

I recently purchased a used gtx 1080 Ti SC2, it came with the original air cooler, and also evga's 1080ti hybrid cooler (purchased separately). The issue i have is that it came with the liquid cooler installed, and i want to use the air cooler, BUT the seller did not include the screws for it.  i have tried using the screws from the liquid cooler, and all fit (maybe not the best but they fit) except for the 4 spring screws, which are too long. I have contacted evga, and they will not send replacement screws. What are my options? I have been looking on ebay and found some M2 7mm 316 screws but am unsure if they're the correct size.

Well, the screws with spring are very improtant because it adds some pressure on the chip itself. You can try to go to some local shop , see if they aren't selling this screws. It shouldn't be a problem. I did it with my gtx 960 , when i painted it a lost a spring screw, got some from another GPU and it fitted perfectly.

11 minutes ago, Roman848 said:

I would even try to contact a seller, if he has these screws. It can happen that he forgot to pack them in the box.

he should ship those to you, thats his fault not your's

I've already contacted the seller with no avail, he will not respond :( i will go to a local shop and even try to get another cheap gpu and pull the screws off of that 

3 hours ago, MajesticEmu said:

I've already contacted the seller with no avail, he will not respond :( i will go to a local shop and even try to get another cheap gpu and pull the screws off of that 

idk where you brought it but if you can contact some sort of authority like on ebay, i'd recommend doing that