Why is windows 10 so hard to use?

billyhatcher643
2 minutes ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

the difference is that, i don't want to click with the mouse
its a windows 7 habit

Oh, you mean a keyboard shortcut. That wasn't clear from your post.

To start with, why don't you just configure the Power Button to shut down the computer in a single button press? Just go into the Power options.

Alternatively, there are other key commands that will shut down:

https://superuser.com/questions/968672/shortcut-to-shutdown-or-restart-windows-10-in-less-than-three-keystrokes

The fastest probably being:

Win + D; Alt + F4; Enter

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

19 hours ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Run Linux.

Running linux as a gamer is the dumbest idea on the face of the earth.

Kubuntu 22.10

Ryzen 7 5700X

RX 6700 XT

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Oh, you mean a keyboard shortcut. That wasn't clear from your post.

To start with, why don't you just configure the Power Button to shut down the computer in a single button press? Just go into the Power options.

Alternatively, there are other key commands that will shut down:

https://superuser.com/questions/968672/shortcut-to-shutdown-or-restart-windows-10-in-less-than-three-keystrokes

The fastest probably being:

Win + D; Alt + F4; Enter

yea i should have said right cursor instead of right button. thanks though

28 minutes ago, Aeternalis said:

More and More games are becoming Linux compatible. The fact is, if you dont like Windows 10, Linux is a valid alternative. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

24 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

More and More games are becoming Linux compatible. The fact is, if you dont like Windows 10, Linux is a valid alternative. 

No blizzard games do(a big deal for me), and the linux library on steam is a fraction of the windows one.

Windows 10 has given me a bunch of issues but I have to live with it if I want to play games.

Kubuntu 22.10

Ryzen 7 5700X

RX 6700 XT

17 hours ago, Aeternalis said:

16 hours ago, Aeternalis said:

No blizzard games do(a big deal for me),

So basically you want to play some games and they run only on Windows. That seems more a statement about you than a general statement about gaming. I don't think one can conclude "Running Linux as a gamer is the dumbest idea" on that grounds, not at all, really. The fact remains: there are plenty of games that will run in Linux natively or through Wine. Your personal interest in those games has no bearing on whether "running Linux as a gamer is dumb".

It's just as dumb as a fan of Zelda claiming "buying a PC as a gamer is the dumbest idea on the face of the earth" because they happen to like Breath of the Wild. Windows exclusives are just like console exclusives, and "being a gamer" has nothing to do with being tied to said exclusives. Actually, I'd agree more with that statement than with yours: I'm more inclined to tell gamers to just get a gaming-specific device and leave us alone, than I am to agree on "gaming" being OS-specific.

and the linux library on steam is a fraction of the windows one.

Well, I have never installed Steam in a computer, so that's not as important to me, but even if we extend it to games in general, in or outside Steam, the fraction that supports Linux isn't as important as the absolute number: you may have a 99% or a 1% supporting Linux, but if that 1% is still tons and tons of games, then it's not possible to conclude "Linux as a gamer" is dumb without qualification.

16 hours ago, Aeternalis said:

Windows 10 has given me a bunch of issues but I have to live with it if I want to play games.

First, you mean Windows, not Windows 10, at least not yet. Second, "certain games", you keep forgetting the "certain". You don't need Windows to play games, it's simply not true: you need Windows to play certain, specific games, which may or may not be the ones you are interested in. Just like with consoles.

So, all in all, your blanket statement is pretty silly.

OP is quite clearly a troll and has got what he wanted. 

He says he is 25 but writes and reasons like a 12 year old...

Love not hate

If you really hate the UI just run use PowerShell for everything instead.