Is it worth sticking another fan onto a U14S?

Apepa

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this cooler in both a 1 fan and 2 fan configuration, and how much of a difference it makes under load upgrading it with a second fan.

2 fans will develop a push-pull, so the heat will be extracted a little faster. i tested this on my Noctua heatsink, and only saw a 2-3C temp drop, probably almost margin-of-error

edit: however, it can work out for radiators. i saw a 5-6C temp drop when i used to own a closed-loop GPU

Push pull configurations usually work well in configurations like what you're suggesting. The improvement may be minimal depending on the size of your case and the CFM every fan has, but if money isn't an issue give it a try. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

21 minutes ago, Apepa said:

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this cooler in both a 1 fan and 2 fan configuration, and how much of a difference it makes under load upgrading it with a second fan.

2 fans really isn't going to matter too much

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

37 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i tested this on my Noctua heatsink, and only saw a 2-3C temp drop, probably almost margin-of-error

That sounds about right. Adding another fan to the NH-U14S would probably result in a 1-3c drop.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

My testing gave 4C drop of max temps with 2 fans. Currently max is 68C, it was 72C with single fan. I have custom curve setup so that 2nd fan starts only after CPU goes over 55C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv