Newegg has now added dedicated mining category

Looks like Newegg has officially embraced cryptocurrency mining. The now have a dedicated mining category listed on their components menu. Personally I think this is in bad taste considering the outrage over mining. I looked at some of the things they have to offer, and found that they have quite the mixture of dedicated mining equipment and gaming gear, including a 1060ti 3GB at MSRP. Although the 1080 and Vega cards listed are still at nose bleed prices. The catch phrase for this menu is "Get Geared to Mine Cryptocurrency". Seems like AMD and Newegg are trying to nail the gamer's/upgrader's coffins closed.

11 minutes ago, arkanseen said:

Seems like AMD and Newegg are trying to nail the gamer's/upgrader's coffins closed.

yeah ... and when the gamers are gone and the mining bubble finally imploded they have no one left to sell to and it will be then that they realize what they have done. 

13 minutes ago, arkanseen said:

Looks like Newegg has officially embraced cryptocurrency mining. The now have a dedicated mining category listed on their components menu. Personally I think this is in bad taste considering the outrage over mining. I looked at some of the things they have to offer, and found that they have quite the mixture of dedicated mining equipment and gaming gear, including a 1060ti 3GB at MSRP. Although the 1080 and Vega cards listed are still at nose bleed prices. The catch phrase for this menu is "Get Geared to Mine Cryptocurrency". Seems like AMD and Newegg are trying to nail the gamer's/upgrader's coffins closed.

Maybe some screen shots and stuff to demonstrate your points? Could also use them to qualify for the source citations.

Also, I don't think it's a bad idea. I mean, they are a company that have a variety of clients. They handle the logistics with many 3rd party vendors handling product pricing. They don't control video cards supply from manufacturer. If this helps give their customers better organization, then they will probably have higher profits. It sucks for gamers, awesome for miners, and no one else will notice.

Also, I thought GPU mining was pretty much a 4gb+ thing at this point?

Less compelled to shop at Newegg.

Bad enough they have garbage 3rd party sellers with jacked prices as is.

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Also, I thought GPU mining was pretty much a 4gb+ thing at this point?

You can still mine with a 3gb card for a few months now. Zcash only uses 1.5gb and ethereum 2.8gb.

58 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I was less compelled to shop at NewEgg when they were purchased by a Chinese company. Plus, their customer service and such hasn't ever been more competitive with Amazon. At least where I live.

God I just got an email from them advertising a hot price on a PowerColor RX 580 8GB: $440 with free riser cable.

Yeah, I'm just gonna take the GTX 1080 I got for $595 CAD in October and hide in a hole with it for the next two years.  Good luck, Consumers. D:

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yeah, I'm just gonna take the GTX 1080 I got for $595 CAD in October and hide in a hole with it for the next two years.  Good luck, Consumers. D:

I am going to do the same with my 1080ti that I got for 800 earlier this January. So glad I bought when I did.

Looks like my next gpu upgrade will be straight from the manufacturer again..580 for 440 lmao Newegg you can kindly heck off 

I feel like sticking up a gpu mining operation is going to become a thing, the amount of profit to be made is enormous and I doubt their security

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

To be fair to newegg, money is money to them and mining is definitely in the spotlight now. 

As as a company they should always aim to make money.

-100 respect

+200 gamerhate

+30 profit

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I mean my brother and I greatly benefited from the GPU crises, we had 2 1080Ti and a Xp, sold a 1080 Ti and bought a Xp with zero expenses, then sold the Xp SLI and investing only 500 dollars which can't even buy you a 1070 right now we afforded the TITAN V lmao.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 2/3/2018 at 12:27 PM, AshleyAshes said:

I just got a 1070 for $459 at the beginning of January so I'm content for now. I should have bought all 5 that were available and profited. 

Not surprising,especially when Newegg was sending emails that a PowerColor RX580 was back in stock with a "free" riser cable included. 

Capture_neweggrx580.PNG.122c23fbd176768a73cba14b213e7208.PNG

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

To be fair to newegg, money is money to them and mining is definitely in the spotlight now. 

As as a company they should always aim to make money.

Which is exactly what Newegg has been aiming at more,by charging fees for returns,and trying too hard to compete with Amazon by allowing 3rd party sellers. 

On 03/02/2018 at 10:29 AM, Mooshi said:

Newegg itself is price gauging. Or at least Newegg Canada is.

@arkanseen I have moved your thread to General Discussion as it doesn't fit our Tech News & Reviews Posting Guidelines.

This event fits better in GD anyway, unless Newegg has an announcement about this that you can quote.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Had to get a 1050ti because of the shortage.

On the bright side, I ended up with a CPU upgrade.