H7 fan speed..

adham.
Go to solution Solved by adham.,

Problem solved guys.

Without even doing anything.Silly me never opened task manger to see if anything is doing anything due to the CPU never actually showed any signs or ramping up it's speed.

And it looks like Windows 10 defender thing has been doing stuff behind the scenes which got the CPU to 15 or 10 percent. And i assume this heated up the CPU like 5 Cs more.
Then the H7 would ramp up so the temps would stay the same.

I have only noticed it today after a series of fan RPMs going up and down in less than 15 secs.

That's pretty dumb of me, But thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

Edit: I'm going to mark my own reply so the whole topic is marked as solved.

Hey about a day ago my H7 started ramping up it's RPM on it's own.

It was running on 500~550 RPM now it's 750 to almost 800RPM (idle on both)

The CPU temps are the same...
What's up with that?

No BIOS settings changed.

Yup, check your fan curve. could be the TIM crusting up and the fan ramping up to keep CPU temps the same.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

4 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

maybe the thermal paste hardened or the fan is clogged with dust. did you clean it out recently?

It's 3 weeks old. Dust is not that fast.

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Yup, check your fan curve. could be the TIM crusting up and the fan ramping up to keep CPU temps the same.

Fan curve is on Auto. I applied the CP7 thermal paste that came with it and it was working fine. Today only that i've noticed the higher RPM.

1 minute ago, adham. said:

It's 3 weeks old. Dust is not that fast.

true.

since your temps stay the same eventough the cooler ramps up, something must be going wrong tough. did you overclock recently or something? also, did you check your mounting? maybe try to give it a little wiggle to see how secure it is.

5 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

true.

since your temps stay the same eventough the cooler ramps up, something must be going wrong tough. did you overclock recently or something? also, did you check your mounting? maybe try to give it a little wiggle to see how secure it is.

I have a non-overclocable CPU.

I gave it a slight wiggly wiggle and it's secure and tight in place.

Seems to me the only logical thing would be the paste. Would reapply it now and see.

9 minutes ago, adham. said:

Fan curve is on Auto. I applied the CP7 thermal paste that came with it and it was working fine. Today only that i've noticed the higher RPM.

You should set a custom fan curve in the BIOS or in lieu of that, through Speedfan. You can set the fan to idle at certain low temperatures and then ramp it up as it reaches the highest temperature you're comfortable with. Speedfan is a bit hard to set up but it's a wonderful program imo.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Its reacting to some software or background process raising CPU temp tad over whatever the limit is. The raises are too fast for you to get glimpse without good graph monitoring. But it will sound like fan ramping for no reason as it slows down once temps are back down.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Problem solved guys.

Without even doing anything.Silly me never opened task manger to see if anything is doing anything due to the CPU never actually showed any signs or ramping up it's speed.

And it looks like Windows 10 defender thing has been doing stuff behind the scenes which got the CPU to 15 or 10 percent. And i assume this heated up the CPU like 5 Cs more.
Then the H7 would ramp up so the temps would stay the same.

I have only noticed it today after a series of fan RPMs going up and down in less than 15 secs.

That's pretty dumb of me, But thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

Edit: I'm going to mark my own reply so the whole topic is marked as solved.