Is this copyright infringement

So I am making a website that I’m using just to practice. it’s going to have tabs and each tab is a skill or a thing I’m going to practice. For one I wanted to have a video like a Nickelodeon movie or a Nickelodeon tv show playing. Not a whole series just one episode.

there is websites I know that play shows like nreboot and it’s under fair use it says and they don’t make any profit (I would make zero money on my site at all) so it’s okay to do. And Viacom is aware the site exists so don’t say that the website has just not been caught yet.  I have talked to the website creators before but this was a few years back.

so am I allowed to do this? The website will be public but I won’t be giving it out to anyone 

10 minutes ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

So I am making a website that I’m using just to practice. it’s going to have tabs and each tab is a skill or a thing I’m going to practice. For one I wanted to have a video like a Nickelodeon movie or a Nickelodeon tv show playing. Not a whole series just one episode.

there is websites I know that play shows like nreboot and it’s under fair use it says and they don’t make any profit (I would make zero money on my site at all) so it’s okay to do. And Viacom is aware the site exists so don’t say that the website has just not been caught yet.  I have talked to the website creators before but this was a few years back.

so am I allowed to do this? The website will be public but I won’t be giving it out to anyone 

if you make it clear that its just for educational purposes, then technically its fine.
but I suggest you get someone to agree to share their video with you for use.

as in, if its a demonstration of your web skills for video hosting or something like that, I don'T suggest taking someone's work without asking. perhaps doing one of your own ?just a quick assembly of scenery or videos put together from around your town could do.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

6 hours ago, givingtnt said:

if you make it clear that its just for educational purposes, then technically its fine.
but I suggest you get someone to agree to share their video with you for use.

as in, if its a demonstration of your web skills for video hosting or something like that, I don'T suggest taking someone's work without asking. perhaps doing one of your own ?just a quick assembly of scenery or videos put together from around your town could do.

if they can do it why cant I? that website even has donations to help donate to pay for the upkeep of the site and its fine. it used to have a on demand section that was paid but Viacom put a stop to that but still let them run the normal stream part of the site. they did have a separate site that got taken down too, but the people ive talked to the site owners (dag and kin) and they told me they are not affiliated with viacom or have any deals/contracts with them. 

I kind of had a purpose of it being a nick show. 

24 minutes ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

if they can do it why cant I? that website even has donations to help donate to pay for the upkeep of the site and its fine. it used to have a on demand section that was paid but Viacom put a stop to that but still let them run the normal stream part of the site. they did have a separate site that got taken down too, but the people ive talked to the site owners (dag and kin) and they told me they are not affiliated with viacom or have any deals/contracts with them. 

I kind of had a purpose of it being a nick show. 

Maybe they have permission tho. 

If I get permission for something, doesn't mean you will.

Like I said, you can always ask their marketing rep

Or you can just do it, but you may have a call or two

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Yes its copyright infringement, don't do it. Just because someone else has doesn't mean you should.

10 hours ago, Brenz said:

Yes its copyright infringement, don't do it. Just because someone else has doesn't mean you should.

I found it, turn off use hardware acceleration  

omfg im so high rn i ment to post this somewhere else.

but i dont care im going to make it anyway. 

If you want to imbed a video, record your cat or a water stream/river for 15~ seconds and upload it to YouTube. Use that instead of a company’s video. 

11 minutes ago, fpo said:

If you want to imbed a video, record your cat or a water stream/river for 15~ seconds and upload it to YouTube. Use that instead of a company’s video. 

No I don’t just need a 15 sec video I need a tv show 

1 minute ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

No I don’t just need a 15 sec video I need a tv show 

Oh, then I don’t know how the law works. I think UK voids all copyrights in the name of education if you base out there. Other than that I’m not sure. 

11 minutes ago, fpo said:

Oh, then I don’t know how the law works. I think UK voids all copyrights in the name of education if you base out there. Other than that I’m not sure. 

So I can just say it’s for education? It says education is fair use in the US

19 minutes ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

I don’t know for sure. You’d have to ask a lawyer, or find the laws and interpret them for yourself. I don’t feel comfortable stating my interpretation of the law without proper certification & confidence. 

13 minutes ago, fpo said:

I don’t know for sure. You’d have to ask a lawyer, or find the laws and interpret them for yourself. I don’t feel comfortable stating my interpretation of the law without proper certification & confidence. 

I doubt even 1 person will see the site it it will probably be fine. 

11 hours ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

Education use means using the video itself for education. How would you be able to claim a Nickelodeon TV show randomly embedded on your site is for educational purposes.

Why does it even need to be a TV Show or Film? There is plenty of non-copyrighted content available you could use.