SpeedFan: 1-click fan boost + one fan can't be controlled

tonyrulez

Hi there!

I have an Asrock Fatal1ty B150 Gaming K4/Hyper motheboard with 1 CPU + 3 chassis fan (all of them PWM). SpeedFan shows the speed for all of them, however, only 3 is controllable. See attached screenshot with Aux-Aux3 fanspeed and only Aux-Aux2 fan control. Any way to make Aux3 appear? It's also missing from Configure/Speed tab.

image.png.23fb230cf73ee08e0f1a46d82b1dbba9.png

Also, is there any easy way to toggle between manual/BIOS mode? Currently the fan speeds are set up in the BIOS. All I want is to change all the fans to 100% before starting a game, and then switch back to the BIOS settings.

SpeedFan works best when you setup it once and then just leave it. Anything more special will cause only headache for little gain.

Aux fan. Is it controllable in BIOS? if it doesn't have controller chip, then it's not controlled. Usually they are labeled as PSU or PUMP fans. You can check from manual if it has controller or not.

Overall you should setup all with SpeedFan. If you need higher fan speeds when gaming, set CPU/GPU temp limit so that fans will speed when you start game.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

All of the fans are controllable in BIOS and in motherboard program, but Speedfan misses one fan control for some reason.

Problem with BIOS settings is that there is no GPU temp limit, so fan speed can be only set via CPU or mobo temp. CPU stays at 60 while GPU goes up to 75.

Will try this GPU setup with SpeedFan.