[Help] DP Monitor not working suddenly?

Zenith1995
Go to solution Solved by Uptivuptiz,

Ok. Next try reinstalling Nvidia driver from the website without geforce experience. When running the installer remember to tick the box that says "Perform a clean installation" in the options menu.

Hey guys,

Today i was playing PUBG, i tabbed out to my desktop and my FPS was suddenly around 1.. my cursor was struggling to move.   Gpu load was 100%  Cpu load 50% .  I restarted my PC and notice my left/main monitor just says No Signal.  I try to access Nvidia control panel and it says ''Corrupted'' so i reinstalled. 

I can get the problematic monitor running solo only with HDMI, DP seems to no longer give a signal.  i cannot dual monitor x2 HDMI since my 980 only has 1 HDMI slot .

The problematic monitor (AOC G2460)  is still detected by my system but just wont push out an image through DP.

My DP monitor is displaying as Generic PNP monitor in device manager which i feel may be the cause. (Edit manually installed new drivers from their website, Shows correct name now )

I've tried the following:

Clean reinstall of Nvidia drivers + experience 

New DP Cable 

Trying all 3 DP ports

Tried with a GTX 960 (exactly the same result)

gone into Nvidia control panel and display properties from desktop ( See Screenshots ) 

Any ideas? What on earth has happened.

Thanks alot

Gtx 980 4gb

i5 8600k

win 10 pro

16gb ram

Z370M B3H gigabyte mobo

monitor 1: 144hz AOC G2460 ( one im having trouble with )

monitor 2: 60hz hp w2448h

Pic 1. Cannot click to turn it on, it briefly turns itself on when plugged in then immediately turns off. 

mon1.png

mon2.png

<-----------------------------------------------------------------

mon3.png

Try switching around the cable between the different DP ports on the GPU and see what happens.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tried all 3 DP ports, same result. I think it's a driver issue due to device manager saying '' Generic PNP monitor '' 

Just now, Zenith1995 said:

Tried all 3 DP ports, same result. I think it's a driver issue due to device manager saying '' Generic PNP monitor '' 

Ok. Have you tried downloading the drivers directly from the site and installing them?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Manually installed new drivers from their website, Shows correct name now. monitor still black

Ok. Next try reinstalling Nvidia driver from the website without geforce experience. When running the installer remember to tick the box that says "Perform a clean installation" in the options menu.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alright! some progress,  I used a Nvidia uninstall program and restarted my PC. BOOM my DP monitor is working as intended though without any drivers. SO i install the newest Nvidia driver and my monitor goes black.  It may be a problem with their newest update ill try an older one and report back. - Edit i installed an older update with the same problem. not sure what to do now but I've narrowed down the problem

Annnd I forgot to enable multi-display in control panel after the fresh install, Problem Fixed.  I did a manual driver uninstall with no success but the uninstaller program i found online did the trick, thanks for the help you directed me the right way. +rep

16 hours ago, Zenith1995 said:

Annnd I forgot to enable multi-display in control panel after the fresh install, Problem Fixed.  I did a manual driver uninstall with no success but the uninstaller program i found online did the trick, thanks for the help you directed me the right way. +rep

Alright! Nice! Remember to set your 144hz display to 144hz in the Nvidia controlpanel as it has been reset after you did the driver update :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just wanted to check on you. :) How is it going? Is the screen ok?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi. I wasn't hoping that someone had a similar problem as mine, but somehow I'm glad to hear about it, because it makes me think my cable isn't faulty. After all, why would it? It's new. 

Errm, so, I went for a nap yesterday, so I've set my PC to sleep. Before that, the DP worked perfectly and so did the monitor, I even got to game a bit. When I woke up, I woke up the PC as well, with the monitor saying there's no DP signal. Funny enough, I tried to restart the computer, but the restart button didn't work, nor did the power button at first. I try connecting an HDMI cable, removing the DP cable, still no signal.

So, obviously, I thought I had an issue with my GPU. I tried using the Intel Graphics by using the HDMI cable on the mobo and it still wouldn't work. I managed to finally turn off my PC and I open it up, looked at the cables, plugged 'em back in, everything looked a'ight. I turn it on using an HDMI cable (plugged into the GPU) and what a surprise: it works! I tried the DP cable, "no DP signal"... I haven't updated any GeForce drivers recently (currently running 390.77, which seems to be the latest) so I doubt this would be an issue from this driver.  

Perhaps anyone has a solution? Should I jump right to the ones above? Cheers!

Config:

MoBo: AsRock B85 Pro4

CPU: 4570 stock speeds

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black 

8GB RAM DDR3

Win10 Home

ASUS MG248Q

37 minutes ago, alemeraldom said:

Hi. I wasn't hoping that someone had a similar problem as mine, but somehow I'm glad to hear about it, because it makes me think my cable isn't faulty. After all, why would it? It's new. 

Errm, so, I went for a nap yesterday, so I've set my PC to sleep. Before that, the DP worked perfectly and so did the monitor, I even got to game a bit. When I woke up, I woke up the PC as well, with the monitor saying there's no DP signal. Funny enough, I tried to restart the computer, but the restart button didn't work, nor did the power button at first. I try connecting an HDMI cable, removing the DP cable, still no signal.

So, obviously, I thought I had an issue with my GPU. I tried using the Intel Graphics by using the HDMI cable on the mobo and it still wouldn't work. I managed to finally turn off my PC and I open it up, looked at the cables, plugged 'em back in, everything looked a'ight. I turn it on using an HDMI cable (plugged into the GPU) and what a surprise: it works! I tried the DP cable, "no DP signal"... I haven't updated any GeForce drivers recently (currently running 390.77, which seems to be the latest) so I doubt this would be an issue from this driver.  

Perhaps anyone has a solution? Should I jump right to the ones above? Cheers!

Config:

MoBo: AsRock B85 Pro4

CPU: 4570 stock speeds

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black 

8GB RAM DDR3

Win10 Home

ASUS MG248Q

Nevermind, I fixed the problem. You'll probably laugh, but I simply unplugged the monitor's cable for 5 seconds, plugged it back in and Display Port worked. "Did you try plugging it out and back in" at its finest... Perhaps something for other users to try next time! :)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Okay today my power went out, i turned my pc back on and my left monitor is out again. I tried using DDU and reinstalling drivers like last time but no success this time, any ideas?  it lets me toggle it on but doesn't let me save it without it reverting EDIT: Fixed.. I did a full power cycle and reconnected the DP only then HDMI, seems to be a workaround for now.

mkay1.png