is steam down?

Go to solution Solved by Tiberiusisgame,

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/steampowered.com.html

It's just you. Reboot and/or re-launch Steam.

i can't buy games.

when i click "purchase for myself"  i get a blue screen that says verifying login information, and then an error saying: There was an error communicating with the Steam servers. Please try again later.

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i can't buy games.

when i click "purchase for myself"  i get a blue screen that says verifying login information, and then an error saying: There was an error communicating with the Steam servers. Please try again later.

I can access Steam Just fine.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I can access Steam Just fine.

i can acces it too. that's all fine. but when i go to buy a game it goes down...

She/Her

Is your locale Netherlands or were you trying to use another country? I recall a policy change on that in a while.

Glad to hear it.

20 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

Is your locale Netherlands or were you trying to use another country? I recall a policy change on that in a while.

policy change? i thought it was automatic.. steam always gives me the dutch site anyway...

She/Her

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

policy change? i thought it was automatic.. steam always gives me the dutch site anyway...

You can disregard that. Steam used to allow you to change your locale, which would give some folks discounts on games. But they locked that down due to trade policies.

Just now, Tiberiusisgame said:

You can disregard that. Steam used to allow you to change your locale, which would give some folks discounts on games. But they locked that down due to trade policies.

oh okay. i just use my country's locale..

She/Her