Windows 10 keys

Omikse

Anyone know where I can purchase a legal Windows 10 Pro key. I see many sites saying they are legal but you can never know. I thought I found a link to a Microsoft site but now I cant find it. Any help

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You can buy Windows 10 from Microsoft. AFAIK that's the only fully legal way to do it

Link or Website?

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

1 minute ago, Pangea2017 said:

Official resellers or brick and mortar stores like best buy.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/windows-10-home/d76qx4bznwk4/1NT3

I could have sworn I went there and I saw Pro for like just over 50 dollars US

4 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Kinguin has perfectly good keys and offers a warrenty for 1$. I use these keys all the time without issue. 

https://www.kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/

1 minute ago, Pangea2017 said:

Not direct at microsoft. Some OEM licence key which are maybe not legal. The licence term are even behind my knowledge.

My windows 10 pro licene goes all the way back to 7 or XP upgraded with the $20 Windows 8 upgrade and then the free windows 10 upgrade.  

With the new build and the passing of the old system to my son, I will need to get a new key so Thanks to both of you. Question asked and Answered

14 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

only fully legal way to do it

So I’m breaking the law when I buy a windows 10 laptop from ASUS? 

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

That's not what I said. I was referring only to product keys, not operating systems or laptops or desktops or anything other than just a product key.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

same problem as other keyresller are facing: many keys on these site are at some point not legal or valid.

Literally thousands of reviews on kinguin say otherwise.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

That's not what I said. I was referring only to product keys, not operating systems or laptops or desktops or anything other than just a product key.

Yea, that’s what an OEM key from kinguin is. It is that same key that Microsoft sells to system and laptop builders. 

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

Yea, that’s what an OEM key from kinguin is. It is that same key that Microsoft sells to system and laptop builders. 

Yes, but I was referring to only the product key. Nothing else included. All I said was that to my knowledge, the only fully legal way of getting a product key is to buy one from Microsoft.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

yes but it's still illegal

Because technically those key's cannot be used outside of the OEM's stuff.

I genrally try to avoid Kinguin or any sites like that because your also supporting stuff like CS:GO gambling and blatant abuse of developers and game publishers

My life

I'm personally using an unactivated version of Win 10. Can anyone tell me what are the actual advantages f buying a key? What if I get a new motherboard?

3 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

give this to google translate: https://www.heise.de/ct/ausgabe/2014-17-Dubiose-Verkaeufe-von-Microsoft-Lizenzschluesseln-fuellen-Pro-Deutschland-Parteikasse-2266175.html

legal, tolerated,  unnoticed?

all would result in a positiv review

Running 5 systems for various amounts of years now. All with kinguin keys. No problems to report. 

Just now, doomsriker said:

Running 5 systems for various amounts of years now. All with kinguin keys. No problems to report. 

It's not very ethical because kiguin does a lot of shady shit

My life

1 minute ago, IAmAndre said:

I'm personally using an unactivated version of Win 10. Can anyone tell me what are the actual advantages f buying a key? What if I get a new motherboard?

Not having a water mark on your screen for one. Also, technical support. 

6 minutes ago, Himommies said:

It's not very ethical because kiguin does a lot of shady shit

Dell is literally a bunch of con artists that turn out impressively cheaply made junk and charge outrageous money for repairs and do not honor warranties and people still seem to give them money. If I questioned the ethics of every company I bought from, I would seldom buy anything. 

2 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Dell is literally a bunch of con artists that turn out impressively cheaply made junk and charge outrageous money for repairs and do not honor warranties and people still seem to give them money. If I questioned the ethics of every company I bought from, I would seldom buy anything. 

First of all buying a prebuilt with a 1080 is cheaper than buying a 1080

Secondly Kinguin is blatantly illegal.There selling CS:GO and Witcher 3 steam keys ffs not to mention Skin gambling

My life

4 minutes ago, Himommies said:

First of all buying a prebuilt with a 1080 is cheaper than buying a 1080

Secondly Kinguin is blatantly illegal.There selling CS:GO and Witcher 3 steam keys ffs not to mention Skin gambling

Kinguin is a buying and selling site much like eBay that facilitates the trading of keys. Blaming kinguin for a few shady sellers is like blaming Ebay for all Ebay scams. For windows keys they offer a 1$ warranty that allows you to get a brand new key without any additional charge if anything goes wrong, so I don’t think buyers have much to worry about. I get that people are skeptical about a cheaper key, but if you think about the quantities in which theses sellers buy theses OEM keys it makes a lot of sense that they can sell them cheap for a profit. 

20 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Not having a water mark on your screen for one. Also, technical support. 

Then I guess I can live with that.

1 hour ago, doomsriker said:

Kinguin is a buying and selling site much like eBay that facilitates the trading of keys. Blaming kinguin for a few shady sellers is like blaming Ebay for all Ebay scams. For windows keys they offer a 1$ warranty that allows you to get a brand new key without any additional charge if anything goes wrong, so I don’t think buyers have much to worry about. I get that people are skeptical about a cheaper key, but if you think about the quantities in which theses sellers buy theses OEM keys it makes a lot of sense that they can sell them cheap for a profit. 

At least Ebay tries to remove scammers from their site

Valve and CDPR have both said that steam keys of their products cannot be offered anywhere other than steam and Kinguin is actively promoting selling CS-GO CD keys

My life

13 hours ago, doomsriker said:

Term "legal" is not correctly used in this context. You aren't breaking any laws directly, but sellers are breaking ToS of those licenses. ASUS is validated OEM partner. They don't sell keys, they sell full systems. Meaning that they follow ToS of OEM keys.

12 hours ago, doomsriker said:

True. But those keys are not for resale as is. They are only supposed to be sold with new system. Which is why partners get keys in volume packs and with lowered MSRP.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...

Just buy a windows 7 key and use that. Worked for me. To elaborate further on that, I installed Windows 10 via the ISO which is free to download off of Microsoft. Once installed and in Windows desktop, I went to the activate windows menu, added the CD-KEY and hey presto. I did NOT add the CD-KEY during the install process.

ISO: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 

You can use an oem key from any reseller as they are seen as custom builds by that reseller. It locks to the motherboard. As long as the key is not spammed you are perfectly fine using those keys for ten to twenty dollars. I get them for ten.. It is also beneficial to them as is ups their totals allowing for better savings when buying the oem keys in mass. It's a perfectly acceptable practice and Microsoft is fine with it. If you want a non oem version then pay the full price and get it. It is what I use for my main rig and I go oem on everything else. Mostly because I seldom do any upgrades to my other systems nor am I reinstalling the OS on those like tend to happen on my main rig.

I have dozens of keys and have never had any issues even when I recently did a major round of upgrades to everything. Some new stuff and then the hand me down game with the older stuff.. You all know the game..:P

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287