Is Mining on ASICs Worth It? - Mining Adventure Pt. 3

jakkuh_t

Mining was for a long time a GPU only game, but with ASIC miners seemingly everywhere these days, are they actually profitable?

Buy ASICs (or maybe dont?):

Amazon: http://geni.us/97mrAc

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

21 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

image.png.361638a0296d32d09fba143f6b85ced6.png

Thumbs up to Amazon UK

Cram that into a motherboard

Get's 4 dogecoin per second

My life

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

- snip -

I think they're trying to tell me to go outside... :(

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Does Linus really need to be at their laptop cart at the beginning JUST to tell a joke about mining on a laptop? seems pointless.

Please don't argue with me, I am just trying to help, or be helped. (we are all humans right?)

But is it trademarked ?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

so does anyone know how to make these work I've had two for 4 months and still can't get them to work  :( any help would be great. thanks

Ignorance is bliss. You talk about the hardware, profitability, pricing and availability but fail to mention what it is exactly these ASICs do, where it's output goes, how the coins are financed and the mining process itself. Not asking for a full blown tutorial here, just want to know how these "operations" are backed, since that cash has to come from SOMEWHERE.

But this could all be a moot point anyway. With the difficulty exponentially increasing it simply won't be worth it even for hybrid workloads like Curecoin in the next few months. How do you NOT prove that supply is held back by the manufacturers, or that they use the hardware to mine before they sell it on to the consumer months later? What do the specific ASIC dies contain and who makes them?

Going further, why can't end users build their own ASIC boxes and source the components? It's not like buying the gear to print legal tender - or is it??? :P

A $6/day return for a $5K downpayment is paltry and $33/day is just a teaser. I see mining as nothing but a get rich quick scheme for the wealthy who can afford the outlay to purchase a warehouse worth of hardware today, cash out every 24 hours and flip same hardware 6 months later before the parts are completely obsolete and while some NOOB will still hand over money for it. The little guy will struggle making a realistic earning even with four of those units because it's the megalodons with the mining farms wielding the capacity to collect what coins are available for harvest.

For my money, I'd put solar on the roof and invest $10K there. Guaranteed return, government subsidized with ZERO risk and minimal maintenance. Your savings in electricity will continue WELL PAST even 30 years. Now that's $$$

• 2 weeks later...

This should be creating a huge 2nd hand market for hardware right? I mean a warehouse full of obsolete hardware every 6 months that is still top of the line for the average gamer? Or am I wrong? Is there anyway you can use the specialized boards to play games?

4 hours ago, FutureSight said:

This should be creating a huge 2nd hand market for hardware right? I mean a warehouse full of obsolete hardware every 6 months that is still top of the line for the average gamer? Or am I wrong? Is there anyway you can use the specialized boards to play games?

No, they're designed to do one thing and one thing only. CPUs and GPUs are more general purpose.

• 1 year later...

so there is no Monero mining possible ???? or setting ?