DDR4 iGPU

I know that integrated GPUs scale with RAM speed, as they use it as their framebuffer, but I can't find any benchmarks on this matter. 

I'm looking for gaming benchmarks that test for correlation between performance and RAM speed/channels. I found a test from Anandtech about this, but it was on DDR3 and Haswell. Do you know of any tests that were run to test this?

It's not a very common test/situation to care about igpu gaming speed with various ram types as even the cheapest entry level 30$ gpu upgrades tend to be faster.

Even something like the GT 1030 will wipe out the floor with iGPU.

Yes, higher RAM speed and lower latency will definitely help with the iGPU performance but it will still perform like a turd in games.

2 minutes ago, Snooli said:

I'm looking at this from a laptop's point of view.

Well, that makes even less sense then. If you use dual channel, you are "good" or at least way better off than with a single channel. But nothing more you can do about it.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Well, that makes even less sense then.

8GB of DDR4 dual-channel vs 12GB of DDR4 single-channel

If I can get +20% by doubleing my effective RAM speed, I'd rather buy 2x4GB sticks, but if it's more along the lines of 5%, I might as well just take a singe 8GB stick and run with it.

6 minutes ago, Snooli said:

If I can get +20% by doubleing my effective RAM speed, I'd rather buy 2x4GB sticks, but if it's more along the lines of 5%, I might as well just take a singe 8GB stick and run with it.

I don't think even +5% is going to happen

25 minutes ago, Snooli said:

Dual channel will help but other than that... not much of a difference.