New SSD in laptop with fresh Windows 10 install takes half an hour to load into Windows (SOLVED)

Hey everyone,

I have a Samsung laptop (NP355v5c) that is 4 years old. It came with Windows 8 on an HDD. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first came out as part of the free upgrade promotion. Now, it has become very slow, so I decided to upgrade the HDD to an SSD. I bought the Crucial MX 500 and my laptop detected it just fine in the BIOS. However, after doing a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 using a USB drive, my laptop is now stuck at the Samsung logo screen (the screen where you press F2 to get to bios). The hard drive LED indicator on my laptop is not blinking as it used to with the old HDD. If I restart the laptop and go back into BIOS, I can see the newly installed Windows Boot Manager under boot options. Clicking on that just gets me to a black screen.

I replaced the SSD with a new one. Redid the installation but the same issue occurs. This time I even tried to install Windows 8 on it, but same problem. I just can't get past the Samsung logo screen after the installation is complete and the computer restarts. Now I am at a complete loss. I've tried googling for answers but could not find ANYTHING related to the issue I am having.

Please help... But if nothing can be done, then I will simply refund the SSD and live with the old, sad, slow HDD.

EDIT: The Windows 10 installation actually completed. I ran the installation again but this time I fell asleep. A couple of hours later I looked at the laptop and Cortana was on the screen. So I finally set up the PC and now can use Windows 10 just fine. However, when I restarted the laptop the Samsung logo screen stays on for about half an hour before loading Windows. Why is this? Shouldn't an SSD boot faster? The old HDD would boot Windows in less than 2 minutes.

EDIT 2: I finally figured out the problem. The laptop uses SATA 2 but the SSD is SATA 3. That's why it takes forever to load into Windows. I'm going to return the SSD and get my money back and save up for a new laptop.

5 minutes ago, Gamerguy207 said:

How long did you let it sit 

Roughly 45 minutes. I would have left it sit longer if the dotted circle loading sign came up under the Samsung logo like it normally does when I reinstall Windows on the old HDD.

Which is installed in the USB drive, ISO file via third party program like Rufus or via Windows Media Creation Tool?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Which is installed in the USB drive, ISO file via third party program like Rufus or via Windows Media Creation Tool?

I used Windows media creation tool for both Windows 10 and Windows 8 to make the bootable USB drives.