Samsung C32HG70 Vs Viotek GN32Q/GN34C

Kileah

Samsung

Viotek 100hz ultrawide 34"

Viotek 144hz 32

I'm debating between these three monitors. The 100hz ultrawide 34" Seems really nice, but I've always been at 60hz and I'm not sure if I'm missing something without 144hz vs 100hz, I'm gaming on a 1080Ti, most of my fps experience is limited to Overwatch and PUBG, so I will most likely be reaching 120+ fps on most games (not pubg lol). I don't know much about Viotek but they seem to have pretty good reviews compared to the samsung, but I figure I can just return any one of these panels to Amazon if there's an issue.

The Vioteks are 5ms whereas the samsung is 1ms, I've never used a 5ms monitor before, will there be any noticeable issue in FPS? I'm about diamond/master in Overwatch, so not amazing but have no idea if this will affect play or not. I've read it doesn't really matter, which brought the 2 vioteks back as options instead of the samsung and acer.

Is curved worth it? 100vs144hz? Why is the price of the 27" Samsung the same price as the 34"? Am I missing any questions I should be asking?

Honorable mention:

Acer XG270HU 27" Non Curved

This monitor is my #1 choice if people think curved and 32/34" is too big

I would go with the Samsung, because it's QLED, and from a more reputable company. With a 1080TI, the frames you would be getting would definitely benefit from 144hz.  

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Thank you for your quick reply, I did want to point out that I've seen a lot of good reviews for Viotek, and if you look at the Samsung reviews on Amazon, it seems like a toss up on QA. My thought on both of these is that Amazon has a very good return policy, so if there are any issues, I can just ship it back or get a partial refund.

• 9 months later...
On 1/29/2018 at 10:13 PM, Kileah said:

Thank you for your quick reply, I did want to point out that I've seen a lot of good reviews for Viotek, and if you look at the Samsung reviews on Amazon, it seems like a toss up on QA. My thought on both of these is that Amazon has a very good return policy, so if there are any issues, I can just ship it back or get a partial refund.

Hi, sorry to revive this thread 10 month later, but I am looking at the exact 2 same monitors for Cyber Monday and I also have GTX 1080ti.  Which did you pick and how do you like it?