Is it possible to turn a Xbox one into a emulator? (READ OP FIRST!)

kaylexmorgana

So what is happening is I am getting a new xbox one x and my current one is old and I don't know if it is sellable or not for much. I do have raspberry pi with tons of games however I want dolphin emulator which you can't sadly play on it. So is there anyway to install some sort of OS on a xbox one of some sort then install emulators? I have dolphin on my pc obviously but I want it for my tv.

Yes I am serious. I don't know if you can install Linux windows or something on it, only way I can think of it to work.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Chances are no. The first hurdle is cracking the firmware and bootloader so it'll even start looking for another OS. The second is that the only other OS that would likely work is Linux, so that may limit your options (not that Linux has a dearth of emulators).

Then there's the issue that the hardware is custom. Yes it may be effectively two Kabini processors with a Radeon HD 7850 or something, but the system won't see it that way and likely neither will any drivers.

yes I just looked more into it as well it seems you can run Linux on ps4 but not xbox. damn.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Someone ported an emulator for the XBONE, you'll have to pay 20$ for developer account or whatever..

Not sure what emulator it was,and besides, the XBONE is too weak for dolphin

1 hour ago, Snooli said:

Someone ported an emulator for the XBONE, you'll have to pay 20$ for developer account or whatever..

Not sure what emulator it was,and besides, the XBONE is too weak for dolphin

2013 build is to weak to run a like 2002 or so console?

8 hours ago, Snooli said:

I think that was a Windows Store thing and Microsoft shot a hammer at it so hard it left a gaping hole in the author's computer.

7 hours ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/1027

According to that, yes. The desktop equivalent are the AMD Kabini processors and they score something like 50-60 minutes. The Wii itself is around 17 minutes.

Remember, the XBox One has a processor from a netbook class family. It's kind of weak.

20 hours ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

a 2013 PC will do absolutely fine with CEMU, but that's not what 2013 consoles have. That Kabini thing over there is overshadowed by the strong IPC of an Atom, runs at slow speeds and it's only saving grace is its core count, something emulators can't use properly.

17 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I think that was a Windows Store thing and Microsoft shot a hammer at it so hard it left a gaping hole in the author's computer.

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/1027

According to that, yes. The desktop equivalent are the AMD Kabini processors and they score something like 50-60 minutes. The Wii itself is around 17 minutes.

Remember, the XBox One has a processor from a netbook class family. It's kind of weak.

3 hours ago, Snooli said:

a 2013 PC will do absolutely fine with CEMU, but that's not what 2013 consoles have. That Kabini thing over there is overshadowed by the strong IPC of an Atom, runs at slow speeds and it's only saving grace is its core count, something emulators can't use properly.

ok someone mentioned these to me, which one could run dolphin for gb and wii? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/compute-stick.html

2 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

ok someone mentioned these to me, which one could run dolphin for gb and wii? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/compute-stick.html

You need one of the Core m3 or m5 ones to come close. The m3 one just barely matches the Wii's time.

You don't need another OS or anything, the Xbox has Windows 10 (Redstone 3, 10.0.16299, same as desktop), it can run UWP and most Win32 natively. 

you can enable Dev Mode, which allows sideloading. This used to require a developer license, not sure if it still does or costs anything.

The emulators were pulled from the store, but if you can find them elsewhere, you would be able to sideload them and have them work fine. They were working before they got pulled, as far as I know. 

I believe Win32 apps (including some PC games without DRM) can run as well via the desktop app bridge, but not 100% sure of that. I got a PC game (Darkspore) converted and working (sort of) on PC, never tried loading it onto my Xbox. 

It's not incredibly intuitive to sideload, but its better than any other console I know given that it doesn't require third-party software. Still pretty involved (dev mode works almost like dual-booting between the main OS and dev mode OS), sideloading requires some knowledge of Visual Studio and other MS tools, and not everything is guaranteed to work. But if you were thinking of hacking another OS onto it anyways, might be fine for you. 

11 minutes ago, DOGC_Kyle said:

You don't need another OS or anything, the Xbox has Windows 10 (Redstone 3, 10.0.16299, same as desktop), it can run UWP and most Win32 natively. 

you can enable Dev Mode, which allows sideloading. This used to require a developer license, not sure if it still does or costs anything.

The emulators were pulled from the store, but if you can find them elsewhere, you would be able to sideload them and have them work fine. They were working before they got pulled, as far as I know. 

I believe Win32 apps (including some PC games without DRM) can run as well via the desktop app bridge, but not 100% sure of that. I got a PC game (Darkspore) converted and working (sort of) on PC, never tried loading it onto my Xbox. 

It's not incredibly intuitive to sideload, but its better than any other console I know given that it doesn't require third-party software. Still pretty involved (dev mode works almost like dual-booting between the main OS and dev mode OS), sideloading requires some knowledge of Visual Studio and other MS tools, and not everything is guaranteed to work. But if you were thinking of hacking another OS onto it anyways, might be fine for you. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-activate-dev-mode-your-xbox-one-console this says $20. oh nevermind I don't have any knowledge of VS and "other ms tools"

18 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You need one of the Core m3 or m5 ones to come close. The m3 one just barely matches the Wii's time.

Hmm to expensive then. pass