Scammed on ebay... Testing the 56 CORE system!

nicklmg
9 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

so is this Mondays or Sundays video?

Sunday.

PayPal buyer protection is 180 days in Canada... so um, unless you bought the CPUs more than 6 months ago, I believe you can still return them / file a chargeback.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Wait.... Didn't we already see this? :P Retoast?!! lol

Ah well. As far as i'm concerned it's a new video to watch xD 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

26 minutes ago, whoisit1118 said:

This video looks super grainy for me. Is it my problem?

It was clear enough for me. The TV screen wasn't super readable on my phone (which is why I wish he'd actually read the turbo boost speed instead of saying "not bad"), but that's just because recording monitors is never crisp. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Wait.... Didn't we already see this? :P Retoast?!! lol

Ah well. As far as i'm concerned it's a new video to watch xD 

FP vs YT? :P 

I really liked the video. Nice that the seller except the return (I wonder if they just did that because the buyer was LTT and they didn't wanted the bad publicity)

12 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

FP vs YT? :P 

Nooo I remember this from like a week ago on FP..... :|

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Sorry guys, 56 core systems do turn me on :D. Lots of questions:

What is this 56 core beast for? Is there going to be another video on it?

How loud are the cpu coolers, what do you think of them? Can you try to compare them to more common consumer air coolers?

Thanks, loved this video.

1. RTFM - it will include a QVL of memory compatible with the board, but if it's not there the support website has a memory AVL PDF. How is it in your crazy search for a square ILM heatsink you couldn't source compatible DIMMs?

2. Did you not bother to cross check the processor model  number with ARK or at minimum confirm with a reputable supplier? There is no Platinum 813X SKU in existence (or listed and later recalled like the 6144), which should have been the first RED FLAG to avoid making any purchase.

3. A 28-core Xeon priced at $1300 should have been the second RED FLAG, especially if you already knew the price of the 8180 and 8176. There's a reason for the term you get what you pay for and if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

4. Supermicro have had servers and workstations with these out for several months now. Tyan has them too. Laugh all you want at folks who surf their website, but time spend reading and researching is what gets you the knowledge to not spend money like a fool.

5. Get in bed with a local solutions provider if you cannot get sponsorship from Intel or Supermicro. Their sales people WILL KNOW long before you do about what manufacturers have coming down the pipeline, any particular product recalls and verify parts as well.

Hi Guys! 
Im new here

Here is what got Russian Overclockers.

They also have the AF problem, but with specific Motherboard from Super Micro Compoters  X11DPi-N and special "custom" BIOS so it could work proparly.

So, look here what they got.

IMG_20171209_100214.jpg.a89bc88a65d037458d978f11b3d92b3c.jpg

Spoiler

CPUz.JPG.e7be81b8d67376491edc87980538f933.JPGCPUzBENCH.jpg.348465b4746040e6de08b6c8b4bc79a5.jpgHWinfo.JPG.2d7d7c7366140058eb9d2c2f1a454084.JPGCPUz_mem.jpg.f16d5bb9beb2060c1925dbd61d2cc2ea.jpg

CBr16_8136.JPG.c1c57856b33c13422d4d471d3d5fbe53.JPG

CORONAbench.jpg.e2410b8c22f0f4323fde8e0e87da7adc.jpg

On Asus motherboards they have same AF problem, BIOS helped them only to pass It, but it still black monitor

On 29/01/2018 at 12:58 PM, Luscious said:

1. RTFM - it will include a QVL of memory compatible with the board, but if it's not there the support website has a memory AVL PDF. How is it in your crazy search for a square ILM heatsink you couldn't source compatible DIMMs?

>LTT

>Reading

>Researching

>Doing anything right

2. Did you not bother to cross check the processor model  number with ARK or at minimum confirm with a reputable supplier? There is no Platinum 813X SKU in existence (or listed and later recalled like the 6144), which should have been the first RED FLAG to avoid making any purchase.

If you actually watched the video you would have seen this in it.

Many OEM or QS/ES CPUs are out and not on ARK, because the average pleb can't actually get them.

3. A 28-core Xeon priced at $1300 should have been the second RED FLAG, especially if you already knew the price of the 8180 and 8176. There's a reason for the term you get what you pay for and if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

>QS/ES processor. No guaranteed compatibly, might as well flog it.

Seller is probably Chinese, so who cares, not them, they made a few quid.

4. Supermicro have had servers and workstations with these out for several months now. Tyan has them too. Laugh all you want at folks who surf their website, but time spend reading and researching is what gets you the knowledge to not spend money like a fool.

Linus is a huge ASUS fanboy and hates doing jobs properly. Haven't you learnt that by now?

5. Get in bed with a local solutions provider if you cannot get sponsorship from Intel or Supermicro. Their sales people WILL KNOW long before you do about what manufacturers have coming down the pipeline, any particular product recalls and verify parts as well.

>Intel sends them four Xeon Plats

>can't get sponsorship

what

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

8 hours ago, kirashi said:

PayPal buyer protection is 180 days in Canada... so um, unless you bought the CPUs more than 6 months ago, I believe you can still return them / file a chargeback.

The seller agreed to the return, but even if paypal has 180 days ebay clearly does not, which is where he was looking at in the video. I think ebay has 60 days or something.

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Linus is a huge ASUS fanboy and hates doing jobs properly. Haven't you learnt that by now?

Also the irony of updating to make things worst... ASUS in this video just proved how bad they themselves are... What likely happened was the Older (higher) version was unstable for some reason and they couldn't be bothered to fix it...

Tho in Linus's defense I too would be a ASUS FB if they kept throwing crappy hardware with high price tags at me too... Same with Seagate :P

Edit: In the Ebay sellers defense it's perfectly possible he's a reseller, basically buying old servers/parts and reselling them. With absolutely no tools to check/confirm the claims

Doing a pretty similar build here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/77039-project-yuge.html

I'm using 8168's however, the all-core is 3.4Ghz whereas the 8180's go up to around 2.9Ghz (I believe??). Lower core count at 48/96, but decent as well.

Cinebench_R15 cursory test: 

r7GFq6Zh.png

There are more SKU's for the square ILM that you could have used actually, for example Supermicro SNK-P0068AP4 and Dynatron B13/B6. There are also cpu waterblocks sold on ebay (with the square retention plate). They cost about $200USD with an exorbitant $50USD shipping. Don't be fooled, these blocks are sold for around $30USD each in Taobao. :ph34r:

I still don't have the P4500/P4600s or the GPUs so it's still sitting on a cardboard box on top of my desk. xD

Linus u did not get scammed.
1) What you have bought are CPU's for OEM channel, not Retail one, that's why there's no info on intel ARK.

2) One of the chips probably was engineering sample and not qualification sample.

3) Asus motherboard is for Retail CPU channel only, therefore it lacks microcode for one of your OEM channel CPU.

4) If u want to start your OEM CPU's use another board - Tyan(prefered)  http://www.tyan.com/Motherboards_S7103_S7103GM2NR-2F-L2

or Intel https://ark.intel.com/ru/products/124477/Intel-Server-Board-S2600STB

Edited by Zukman
grammar

P-8136:

Skylake-SP 28C P-8136 2.0G 39M 165W

Supposedly meant for Google so wonder if some of them went missing and ebay is "off the truck".

And bro, for fuck's sake you need something like 240 lbs of mounting pressure on the socket.  You aren't going to be able to do that by hand.  It's in the socket specs.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Actually scammed would be if Linus did not get his money back. HOWEVER Linus did get his money back, so he wasnt scammed at all, its just the seller only had the cpu's and not the mobo, nor the cooling or ram to test it out. Which was stated to him clearly and Mr. Linus understood what that meant.

No

Linus was not scammed

The only people being scammed are the people who clicked to watch the drama unfold, yet by the end of the video were scammed out of their precious valuable time. Just so a lying title could get more views, and get LMG more money.

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Actually scammed would be if Linus did not get his money back. HOWEVER Linus did get his money back, so he wasnt scammed at all, its just the seller only had the cpu's and not the mobo, nor the cooling or ram to test it out. Which was stated to him clearly and Mr. Linus understood what that meant.

No

Linus was not scammed

The only people being scammed are the people who clicked to watch the drama unfold, yet by the end of the video were scammed out of their precious valuable time. Just so a lying title could get more views, and get LMG more money.

Got scammed - was sold something that wasn't working.

Also, while the seller has agreed to return our money, they have gone dark now and are no longer replying to our messages (1 week now).

Chill.