Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coltonw023456

GTA 5 stutter

Recommended Posts

Try disabling shadowplay if you use it.


I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, open geforce experience, click settings and turn the green switch off for in-game overlay.


I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, leelaa14 said:

Yeah, open geforce experience, click settings and turn the green switch off for in-game overlay.

ok let me trun and see if it fixed it

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What type of stutter is it? Is it big frame drops or micro stutter?


I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Link to post
Share on other sites

What else is running in your background? Do you have antivirus software that scans files or knows when to pause while bigger loads are on the CPU?


"I tried to set you free, you keep trying to rescue me, but you can't, tell a heart, when to start, how to beat....."

*Kina Grannis saved my life*

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Hiitchy said:

What else is running in your background? Do you have antivirus software that scans files or knows when to pause while bigger loads are on the CPU?

not sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coltonw023456 said:

not sure

Just as a test, I'd try disabling antivirus. You might also want to look up background processes to see what you have installed if anything is running. Anything can cause microstutter.


"I tried to set you free, you keep trying to rescue me, but you can't, tell a heart, when to start, how to beat....."

*Kina Grannis saved my life*

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Hiitchy said:

Just as a test, I'd try disabling antivirus. You might also want to look up background processes to see what you have installed if anything is running. Anything can cause microstutter.

not sure how to disable the antivirus 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

not sure how to disable the antivirus 

 

Eh.. I don't want to put you or your computer at risk so I'll try to think of something else. It could just be that the GPU is pulling more data than the CPU is able to, or the other way around, resulting in a minute bottleneck that causes a microstutter to happen. I can't seem to think of any other possibilities.


"I tried to set you free, you keep trying to rescue me, but you can't, tell a heart, when to start, how to beat....."

*Kina Grannis saved my life*

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Hiitchy said:

Eh.. I don't want to put you or your computer at risk so I'll try to think of something else. It could just be that the GPU is pulling more data than the CPU is able to, or the other way around, resulting in a minute bottleneck that causes a microstutter to happen. I can't seem to think of any other possibilities.

i found this 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Coltonw023456 said:

i did but still the same

monitor your temps and CPU/GPU usage in hwmonitor or hwinfo64

 

GTA V is a CPU heavy game so it could be related to that as well, but not as likely.

 

Is your CPU or GPU pegged at 100% while playing it? If so, roll back some settings in the game like anti-aliasing. Stuff that's demanding.

Are you temperatures over 80 degrees for either?

If so, you may have an issue like dried up thermal paste or something needs a good dusting with an air can like your CPU cooler.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×