GTA 5 stutter

Coltonw023456

Try disabling shadowplay if you use it.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Yeah, open geforce experience, click settings and turn the green switch off for in-game overlay.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

1 minute ago, leelaa14 said:

Yeah, open geforce experience, click settings and turn the green switch off for in-game overlay.

ok let me trun and see if it fixed it

3 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

still a issue did not fix it

What type of stutter is it? Is it big frame drops or micro stutter?

1 minute ago, leelaa14 said:

What type of stutter is it? Is it big frame drops or micro stutter?

micro stutter

What else is running in your background? Do you have antivirus software that scans files or knows when to pause while bigger loads are on the CPU?

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Just now, Hiitchy said:

What else is running in your background? Do you have antivirus software that scans files or knows when to pause while bigger loads are on the CPU?

not sure

Just now, Coltonw023456 said:

not sure

Just as a test, I'd try disabling antivirus. You might also want to look up background processes to see what you have installed if anything is running. Anything can cause microstutter.

Just now, Hiitchy said:

Just as a test, I'd try disabling antivirus. You might also want to look up background processes to see what you have installed if anything is running. Anything can cause microstutter.

not sure how to disable the antivirus 

2 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

not sure how to disable the antivirus 

Eh.. I don't want to put you or your computer at risk so I'll try to think of something else. It could just be that the GPU is pulling more data than the CPU is able to, or the other way around, resulting in a minute bottleneck that causes a microstutter to happen. I can't seem to think of any other possibilities.

Just now, Hiitchy said:

Eh.. I don't want to put you or your computer at risk so I'll try to think of something else. It could just be that the GPU is pulling more data than the CPU is able to, or the other way around, resulting in a minute bottleneck that causes a microstutter to happen. I can't seem to think of any other possibilities.

i found this 

5 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Try uninstalling your graphics card driver with DDU in safe mode and installing the newest version.

If that doesn't work, do the same thing but roll the driver back to the last one that worked well.

https://windowsreport.com/display-driver-uninstaller-windows-10/

i did but still the same

19 hours ago, Coltonw023456 said:

i did but still the same

monitor your temps and CPU/GPU usage in hwmonitor or hwinfo64

GTA V is a CPU heavy game so it could be related to that as well, but not as likely.

Is your CPU or GPU pegged at 100% while playing it? If so, roll back some settings in the game like anti-aliasing. Stuff that's demanding.

Are you temperatures over 80 degrees for either?

If so, you may have an issue like dried up thermal paste or something needs a good dusting with an air can like your CPU cooler.