Tagging isn't working so well for me.

ItsMitch

I'm having issues with tagging multiple users and it's really bugging the hell out of me. I tagged one person like @colonel_mortis but then after I can't tag let's say @LinusTech , it just doesn't bring up the box to tag the right user. Please can we get this fixed? Here's a gif of my problem  (Browser extentions are BTTV, Grammerly, UBlock+ & Amazon Assistant)

yes im using white theme, slay me at another date

Browser: Chrome 63

Operating system - Windows NT 10.0

IP address - xxxxxxxx

Javascript enabled - Yes

Cookies enabled - Yes

Flash version - Not installed

Java version - Not installed

Websockets supported - Yes

Browser size - 1903 x 959

Screen size - 1920 x 1080

Color depth - 24 bit

AdBlock enabled - Yes

Huh, it works fine for me. Is ublock somehow interfering? 

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

1 minute ago, bob51zhang said:

Huh, it works fine for me. Is ublock somehow interfering? 

I've tried disabling all of them and it still breaks. :( 

@SC2Mitchit @Vernw3 works fine for me 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

If you disable your browser extensions (particularly Grammarly), does the problem persist? There are some known issues with tagging, but none cause it to break like that.

HTTP/2 203

@bob51zhang I doubt it, it works for me.  I know it can be temperamental at times but from the video you attached it doesn't seem like you're doing anything wrong...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

-snip=

@SC2Mitch aoslidjf ;oiasd fioj oaijo f @bob51zhang

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you disable your browser extensions (particularly Grammarly), does the problem persist? There are some known issues with tagging, but none cause it to break like that.

Huh, after turning them all on apart from Grammarly it fixes the problem, maybe it's trying to do stuff in the background?

image.png.4cfd5d7a5d7d82e900e0c7b0b8061d7c.png

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

Huh, after turning them all on apart from Grammarly it fixes the problem, maybe it's trying to do stuff in the background?

ENABLED

Even with Grammarly I still can't reproduce it though. I have a support ticket open with Grammarly already for other issues that I suspect they are causing, so I can mention this to them as well, but I would like to be sure that it is definitely a Grammarly issue before doing so.

Can you please test that even with several attempts you are unable to reproduce it with Grammarly disabled, and that you are able to reliably reproduce it (or at least reproduce it several times in the same number of attempts as with it disabled) with it enabled. There's no rush for that though.

Ideally, can you also open the developer console by pressing F12 and switching to the console tab, then start typing to reproduce the issue. Once you've reproduced the issue, copy everything from the console and paste it in a code tag here (click the <> button in the editor toolbar).

HTTP/2 203

20 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Even with Grammarly I still can't reproduce it though. I have a support ticket open with Grammarly already for other issues that I suspect they are causing, so I can mention this to them as well, but I would like to be sure that it is definitely a Grammarly issue before doing so.

Can you please test that even with several attempts you are unable to reproduce it with Grammarly disabled, and that you are able to reliably reproduce it (or at least reproduce it several times in the same number of attempts as with it disabled) with it enabled. There's no rush for that though.

Ideally, can you also open the developer console by pressing F12 and switching to the console tab, then start typing to reproduce the issue. Once you've reproduced the issue, copy everything from the console and paste it in a code tag here (click the <> button in the editor toolbar).

Sure, I'll give it a proper try in the morning in the test posts area. 

I have this occasionally. Usually it's fixed by reloading page. Same thing fixes tagging not working at all.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv