What's up with today's livestream?

vong

Just looked at youtube and saw linus doing a livestream called "Today's Firestorm" and now it seems like he just stopped it for some reason. The last time I saw him do a livestream was about the whole samsung bixby thing. So any idea what this one was about?

Edited by vong
I see it's back as another one called Cont'd.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Just his amazon go video going controversial because he took pads but called it tampon on the video title

5 minutes ago, Yeagdrasil said:

Just his amazon go video going controversial because he took pads but called it tampon on the video title

Seriously? What a waste of time...

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

OMEGALUL WHAT?!

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

19 minutes ago, Yeagdrasil said:

What amazes me is 

1. This is a big deal?

2. How's there 16k people watching WTF??

Side note,

Maybe someone could enlighten me, do these live-streams help?

Isnt acknowledging the outrage of a toxic online community just showing them that they can get a response?  Wouldn't ignoring it be a better PR move?

1 minute ago, Cyborgsmith said:

What amazes me is 

1. This is a big deal?

Side note,

Isnt acknowledging the outrage of a toxic online community just showing them that they can get a response?  Wouldn't ignoring it be a better PR move?

It could go either way

Respond to it and audiences would get how Linus sees it and toxic people will continue doing it.

Ignore it and some people will think that linus "knows" he screwed up and toixc people will still bring it up in the future

It just Linus felt responding would be better for him i guess.

1 minute ago, Cyborgsmith said:

What amazes me is 

1. This is a big deal?

Side note,

The streams help increasing visibility as explained by Linus. Thats why he does them close to the release of a video.

The "waaah Tech-Dude doesn't use proper nomenclature for hygiene products for the fairer sex"-Response is a hilarious troll aimed at getting more attack. It's the social equivalent to posting on a certain board we all know and giving them an IP to point the LOIC to.

Sometimes you gotta give some pushback. Just to stay sane.

Honestly? Who cares if he called them pads or tampons? It's a product that does the same function in the end. And more so, it's not the point of the video (the naming).

To be fair his video title implies that he committed a crime when on his livestream he claims he didn't. So it's a clickbait title that's for sure. If he renamed his video title to "We test out Amazon Go" then it wouldn't attract this much heat. Oh wait Linus can't do that, it wouldn't get as many clicks. lol.

Gotta get that extra chicken wings in the freezer somehow right?

Just now, dfg666 said:

To be fair his video title implies that he committed a crime when on his livestream he claims he didn't. So it's a clickbait title that's for sure. If he renamed his video title to "We test out Amazon Go" then it wouldn't attract this much heat. Oh wait Linus can't do that, it wouldn't get as many clicks. lol.

Gotta get that extra chicken wings in the freezer somehow right?

It's not exactly a crime if Amazon doesn't care whether he returns it or not. Didn't he mention they use the honor code?

So yea, nothing clickbait about the title. At least in my opinion.

dosent linus have a webcam? can't he stream from one of his two or 3 computers in that room? it would avoid the issues

And those SJWs twats wonder why anyone would be embarrassed buying tampons or pads... This kind of response from them is exactly why.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, lobster_zoidberg said:

dosent linus have a webcam? can't he stream from one of his two or 3 computers in that room? it would avoid the issues

This was probably to gather some data on the streaming capabilites of a phone he is testing.

21 hours ago, NMS said:

It's not exactly a crime if Amazon doesn't care whether he returns it or not. Didn't he mention they use the honor code?

So yea, nothing clickbait about the title. At least in my opinion.

Actually, it is clickbait. The video title says he stole tampons from the Amazon store. You say you don't think it counts as stealing so therefor the title isn't clickbait.

In your opinion you do think it is clickbait, because according to you the title does not reflect what is in the video.

11 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Actually, it is clickbait. The video title says he stole tampons from the Amazon store. You say you don't think it counts as stealing so therefor the title isn't clickbait.

In your opinion you do think it is clickbait, because according to you the title does not reflect what is in the video.

There's a preflectly fine reasoning behind the use of "pad" vs "tampon". Pad implies in this community a tablet a lot more than it does the other thing. This was nothing more but to evade confusion in the title. And I would've done the same.

As for the stealing part. You're neither right nor wrong. It's not as simple in this situation. From his perspective he probably didn't steal, but from Amazon's prespective, despite their TOS, he might have.

Just now, NMS said:

As for the stealing part. You're neither right nor wrong. It's not as simple in this situation. From his perspective he probably didn't steal, but from Amazon's prespective, despite their TOS, he might have.

Again, you are being completely illogical here. A quick rundown of the situation.

1) You say that Linus don't think he stole anything (let's go with that assumption).

2) You yourself don't think he stole anything.

3) He named the video "we stole tampons"

So what you are saying is that:

1) Linus don't think he stole anything, but decided to write that in the video title anyway. This is clickbait because he deliberately wrote a title which misinterprets what is actually in the video.

Either he is admitting to a crime (stealing) or he made a clickbait title (saying he stole something but in reality didn't).

2) You agree that he did not steal anything, but somehow also think that naming the video "we stole" is an accurate representation of the video?

You are not making any sense dude. According to your own posts both you and Linus believes that the video title does not reflect what actually happens in the video. That means the title is clickbait.

Stop with the mental gymnastics.

Just now, LAwLz said:

Again, you are being completely illogical here. A quick rundown of the situation.

1) You say that Linus don't think he stole anything (let's go with that assumption).

2) You yourself don't think he stole anything.

3) He named the video "we stole tampons"

So what you are saying is that:

1) Linus don't think he stole anything, but decided to write that in the video title anyway. This is clickbait because he deliberately wrote a title which misinterprets what is actually in the video.

Either he is admitting to a crime (stealing) or he made a clickbait title (saying he stole something but in reality didn't).

2) You agree that he did not steal anything, but somehow also think that naming the video "we stole" is an accurate representation of the video?

You are not making any sense dude. According to your own posts both you and Linus believes that the video title does not reflect what actually happens in the video. That means the title is clickbait.

Stop with the mental gymnastics.

Did I not mention the part with Amazon's prespective?

I'll be the bigger man here and leave now. You can reassure yourself as the winner of an online debate that means the world to us.