PSU fan.

adham.

So i got a new PSU and i didn't have any header left for the PSU fan and the PSU fan is running 100% ?
Normal ?

P.S: i'm getting a fan controler but just to be sure that if it left unplugged PSU fan would go 100%.

The fan in the PSU is controlled by the PSU temperature, not by an external fan header.

How do you know it's spinning at 100%?

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

The fan in the PSU is controlled by the PSU temperature, not by an external fan header.

How do you know it's spinning at 100%?

Super loud fan. And there is ton of air coming out of the PSU.
Voltages are stable and good. And i'm idle. (not running anything)

Just now, Pangea2017 said:

which psu is it?

Bitfenix BPA 600W.
I know it's not the greatest but got it for super cheap.

5 minutes ago, adham. said:

Bitfenix BPA 600W.
I know it's not the greatest but got it for super cheap.

For how much, you should have gotten something better, the fans max because that PSU is trash.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Just now, Vandorlot said:

For how much, you should have gotten something better, the fans max because that PSU is trash.

Not trash per say but it's on the more cheaper end.
Though it's good in heavy work loads and gaming and voltages are good.

I got it for 60 US dollars. (this is considered good in Egypt due to the dollar being almost 18 EG)

2 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

the noise is not surprising. Even the marketing material says 730rpm constant upto 80% load. https://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/power-supplies/bitfenix-bpa/

for comparison the Be quiet straight power 11 are around 250 rpm with better fans.

Oh.. didn't see that.

Maybe that is what you get for cheap PSUs. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, adham. said:

Though it's good in heavy work loads and gaming and voltages are good.

What loader and voltage meter do you use? SunMoon, Chroma?

20 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

What loader and voltage meter do you use? SunMoon, Chroma?

Sadly i don't use any of that stuff, I mostly use software like SpeedFan and others.

I know they are not the most accurate thing in the universe but they have pretty good reading for what i can tell.

Then we can't have any idea of your voltages and if they're loose or tight. Software readings may as well be taken from a random number generator.

The CWT GPM platform inside your PSU doesn't like transient loads from modern graphics cards, so there is a chance you will have problems running things like a GTX1060 or better.

Anyway, seems like the PSU's fan is designed to run at high RPM until the max load, where it runs even faster.

On 1/27/2018 at 10:05 PM, OrionFOTL said:

Then we can't have any idea of your voltages and if they're loose or tight. Software readings may as well be taken from a random number generator.

The CWT GPM platform inside your PSU doesn't like transient loads from modern graphics cards, so there is a chance you will have problems running things like a GTX1060 or better.

Anyway, seems like the PSU's fan is designed to run at high RPM until the max load, where it runs even faster.

I know that software isn't accurate but as i said it give you at least somewhat of an image to see if you have a problem with PSU.

On 1/27/2018 at 9:24 AM, adham. said:

Not trash per say but it's on the more cheaper end.

No.  It's trash.  I mean... You could do worse, but not by much.

The fan is supposed to be thermostatically controlled.  But the cheaper components used within means that if ambient temps are anywhere over 25°C, that fan is going to go ape shit.  The PSU itself, due to its inefficiency, is going to create a lot of its own heat.

You can assume that the fan controller is defective, but my guess is it's just the nature of that PSU.  It's not known to be a quiet unit.