(build log) Killer Panda PC - Z370 X Code

3 minutes ago, Tekred said:

I think he means when he saw that photo he laughed because it looks like a smiley face lol the fans being the eyes and the black panda decal being the mouth

Haha lol, I had totally not seen that until you told me, yea ok that is unintentional quite funny :D

My Gaming PC: 27833

1 hour ago, AT0MAC said:

Haha lol, I had totally not seen that until you told me, yea ok that is unintentional quite funny :D

Lol yeah honestly I didn't either until his post then I saw it... Killer panda is happy in its new home lol 

On 31/05/2018 at 5:42 PM, AT0MAC said:

Sorry, can you explain? I don't follow, but hey English is not my 1st language so maybe something is lost because of that :)

Lol, I didn't mean anything negative. It just looks like a rabid monster from that angle. Like it's going to jump out and attack.

• 2 weeks later...

re-post of the latest update.

Update as of 10/6:

I have not yet put up any benchmarks or other numbers, as I found out it's really hard to compare, if you don't do the benches in the exact same manner.

So for that I need a second system to compare against......

So here is the question - I am slowly stating to build up the 2nd system and have already ordered the parts I want to use, would you like a new thread with teasers about what it's all about?

It's kind of an experiment I'm trying out, so I can compare two unique systems against each other. 

or would you prefer to wait, so I don't make the 2nd thread until I have actual work to show?

This thread got very cluttered imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Killer Panda is on the loose!

Today it got featured on Battlerigs at Instagram - there is quite the number of people who seems to like this machine.

bAArfz.jpg

Am actually now in the works to build up its combatant, and also right now have a Ryzen build in my possession that im building for a friend, so in the end the benchmarks will be pretty relevant!

This story is far from over yet ;)

• 3 weeks later...

This is what Killer Panda is for!

I recently had surgery and when I was recovering Strange Brigade was released! So I have finally gotten a little time to actually use this killing machine and I must say, its a tremendous success!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E01JrwHJIM

Will follow up on all my plans very soon, just wanted to share this with you so you see the machine is actually being put to good use, not just a pretty piece of tech ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello you cool cats and.... You know ;)

I'm diving into this old thread as I just did maintenance on the machine and got some new shots of it. No updates, still rocking all the same bits but man it's still a good machine.

Before the clean, actually don't look too bad, but what you can't see is that the liquid had changed a little color, not crystal clear and all fans had a thin layer of dust on them:

A6y9Uy.jpg 

A closer look more shows that it's a little dusty:

pjtihE.jpg 

Oh, had totally forgotten this nice cap I have on one of the valve ends:

wDzsXs.jpg 

I still rock the same hardware, a binned 8600K and my Z370 X Code from Asus with 16GB Dominator RAM and a 1070 graphics card.

At one point I might go for a 2070Super but don't really need to as of yet

B1zWch.jpg 

Actually you can see on the flow meter how the liquid have changed color a little bit, I think it's some kind of oxidation from the brass tubes, but not harmful as the whole loop is

only brass and copper and heavy as S**t

EsUspg.jpg 

This is the first time I do maintenance on it and found out my loop design is just perfect, it's super easy to pull apart, clean and put back together.
I even took the CPU block off and replaced the TIM now I was there anyway

jPWVtY.jpg

So this is the result, all sparkling clean and fresh liquid 

The light is only the build in RGB lights in the machine and nothing else

9J05wP.jpg 

My Corsair RAM is still the same, 2400 MHz RAM run at a solid 3000 MHz, I've never had this much success in any other RAM OC before than this build have made possible

n19bOU.jpg 

The build does give me a bit of Terminator vibe in this color - I mainly keep it blue/teal/white as it totally match anything in the build very very well

AzR60R.jpg 

"Push the limit" sure as H... this case it NOT meant to be water cooled, everything barely fits and EVERYTHING is overclocked as much as possible - this build is a massive success.
I play a lot of Sea of Thieves on it, stream it too, and do more and more video edits and graphic work on the machine because it got the power to handle it all

skHDZG.jpg 

It really is sparkly. Compression kinda killed it but same pictures are on my Instagram and Twitter and looks pretty sweet there

H5lZwQ.jpg

I'm unsure if I've actually shown this, but the Killer Panda lives in its little cave, with access to fresh air, inside a closet:

wdAyI9.jpg 

I got fans, a whole lot of fans XD

qBzjm0.jpg 

ALmHhH.jpg 

They help with exchanging the air in the closet so I can actually use it under reasonable temps even if the closet is closed. Barely hear it that way. and that's also the secret in how it only got so little dust in that long time, because it sits super high up and don't accumulate much dust

NVCLKA.jpg 

This is how it sits on a daily basis. All I need to touch is the on button and then close the closet. 
Rest is done from the other end of the room via very long active cables. I'm so pleased with my setup as it is and can only recommend to others - build what you dream of, it's so much worth it even if it will cost a lot and take forever. it pays off because your so much happier with a major success for a long time

That's all from me for now, much more of my daily geekery have moved to the social medias and I'm pretty easy to find, just look for my "eye-con", my "AT0M", Im_AT0MAC or AT0MAC

See you around

oh btw, yes the trim frame for the fans in the closet, it's bamboo XD 'cause Panda.....