"Reimagined Camera" is what Samsung promises on their Galaxy S9 launch at MWC 2018

45 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

thats not much tbh, might do that tbh. i assumed it was more, and a bunch of work though

I got mine from here. Including tools to replace it it's still only $40

https://www.repairpartsplus.com/Oneplus-Two-2-Screen-LCD-Two-A2001-A2003-A2005-p/GPE10201.htm?gclid=CjwKCAiAqbvTBRAPEiwANEkyCDFgKrgIcOjbQF-AMOSIJO_yfyhggFPI7iNog_vJJVntqWIzBwJx7hoC9RgQAvD_BwE

The most difficult part of it honestly is just taking the old screen off. And if you don't give a crap you could just break it and take it off (that's what I did, broke a piece of glass off to gain leverage xD). Do make sure though that when putting the new screen on that it sits flush. I wasn't too careful and now the screen is permanently a little bit raised up, though that might be partially because the frame of the phone is a little bent for some reason.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

I got mine from here. Including tools to replace it it's still only $40

https://www.repairpartsplus.com/Oneplus-Two-2-Screen-LCD-Two-A2001-A2003-A2005-p/GPE10201.htm?gclid=CjwKCAiAqbvTBRAPEiwANEkyCDFgKrgIcOjbQF-AMOSIJO_yfyhggFPI7iNog_vJJVntqWIzBwJx7hoC9RgQAvD_BwE

The most difficult part of it honestly is just taking the old screen off. And if you don't give a crap you could just break it and take it off (that's what I did, broke a piece of glass off to gain leverage xD). Do make sure though that when putting the new screen on that it sits flush. I wasn't too careful and now the screen is permanently a little bit raised up, though that might be partially because the frame of the phone is a little bent for some reason.

well first off i need to break in to it because idfk what the pattern was anymore it seems, really strange that its not what i remember because im generally good at that stuff... :(

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

34 minutes ago, Inkz said:

Hopefully they allow a higher bitrate for video, as the low bitrate/compression kills what would be decent quality.

It's already at ~50Mbps. That's more than enough for great looking video. 

Just now, LAwLz said:

It's already at ~50Mbps. That's more than enough for great looking video. 

Maybe I am misinformed, but what causes all the blocky compression artifacts then?

5 hours ago, Inkz said:

Maybe I am misinformed, but what causes all the blocky compression artifacts then?

Well the bit rate is fine. For comparison, my Return of the King rip which is 30GB in size has a video bit rate of 14.5Mbps. It looks far better than any phone camera does.

The difference is that a phone camera has 1 second to encode 1 second of footage. When I encoded my Return of the King video each second took maybe 30 seconds or so.

The chips that encodes video in phones takes a lot of shortcuts and are very inefficient in how they use each bit. But they have to because they are very low power and needs to do it in real time. I mean, they could throw more bits at the problem and the quality would probably increase, but we're already at really high bit rates. I think switching codec (HEVC or preferably AV1 next year), on top of a much more powerful encoding engine would be far better.

Keep the video size the same or smaller, while increasing quality.

I don't want 15 second clips that are 100MB on my phone.

I'm pretty darn happy with my Pixel 2 XL (using the camera still gives me the giggles every time I take a picture, and it's been like 3 weeks already), but I really am curious how Samsung is gonna compare to it, seeing as it's a single lens as well.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

On 26/01/2018 at 1:42 PM, Dabombinable said:

Doesn't "re-imagined" simply mean shitty remake?

It is Samsungs word for 'Innovation'.

On 26/01/2018 at 2:07 PM, hey_yo_ said:

Yeah. Somehow Apple's ecosystem is like a prison but a good one where everything is working together and you're being spoiled. Wifi calling however is not OS dependent but dependent on the wireless carrier. Actually, Android phones supported wifi calling way before the iPhone does at least in the US. T-Mobile US is the first carrier in America to support wifi calling and prior to 2013 they don't even have the iPhone nor LTE. I still find it hideous that notifications in iOS 11 aren't grouped in a per app basis but instead displayed as chronological which is a waste of screen real estate. I've tried the demo iPhone X units in the store for a good 10 minutes and I just find it meh just like the video below.

It's not Apples fault he doesn't know how to use a phone haha. If he didn't like it so much maybe he shouldn't have bought it.

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

It is Samsungs word for 'Innovation'.

It's not Apples fault he doesn't know how to use a phone haha. If he didn't like it so much maybe he shouldn't have bought it.

Watch the video.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

Watch the video.

I have seen the video. I would suggest he goes to the nearest Apple Bar, where an Apple Genius will be able to assist him with his new product.

22 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I have seen the video. I would suggest he goes to the nearest Apple Bar, where an Apple Genius will be able to assist him with his new product.

Really.....what does he think of the iPhone X then? And why does he think that the user experience is a nightmare?

PMSL

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Really.....what does he think of the iPhone X then? And why does he think that the user experience is a nightmare?

You can watch the video and find out yourself if you like. Its a lot of nonsense rambling, I admit I stopped at 2 minutes in!

36 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

You can watch the video and find out yourself if you like. Its a lot of nonsense rambling, I admit I stopped at 2 minutes in!

Well that explains why you said this:

When he likes the iPhone X and was pointing out some flaws in Apple's implementation of features.

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Well that explains why you said this:

When he likes the iPhone X and was pointing out some flaws in Apple's implementation of features.

The so-called flaws arent flaws but different ways of implementing. He can't grasp that simple concept.

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

The so-called flaws arent flaws but different ways of implementing. He can't grasp that simple concept.

Ughhhh, you haven't even watched the video and are still commenting on what you think was said.

PMSL

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

I really dislike all these youtube videos about how apple "fucked up" their product again,

you knwo the true reason they said that is because this is a trend that is being accepted by a lot of people. 

they do that to gain popularity. there is nothing more to it. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Ughhhh, you haven't even watched the video and are still commenting on what you think was said.

I watched 2 minutes. I don't waste my time with garbage. He's just complaining its too different and the older iPhone implementations of various tidbits are better. If he had eyes he would recognise its a different phone. I don't see why I should watch more of it. He should have structured the video better if he wanted his point made more clearly. Case closed.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

There are a couple of poor design choices with the X.

The points he mentioned: 

• Control center pulling down from the top right should be pull up from the bottom right as it would be both more ergonomic and more consistent with iOS on other devices. It's easy to get used to, but it should still be from the bottom.  (his suggestion of putting it in the multitasking drawer is pretty stupid though imo) 
  • The design language of notification center and control center are different even though they're toggled with the same gesture (just on different sides), so they should have the same design language. 
  • Reachability is awkward to get used to, but once you do it's very consistent. (although reachability is still a shitty hack for a UI that is heavily dependent on top navigation bars in some places -- although in fairness I do prefer top navigation bars and absolutely hate safari because it has a buttom nav bar).
  • Do Not Disturb should be in the status bar -- make the clock smaller. And he's not wrong, there should be more customizability for the status bar. (the lack of a percentage indicator is just so overblown imo, how often do you need more than 10% accuracy when glancing at your battery life?)
  • Having the camera accessible via a 3D touch on the lock screen and by swiping left is redundant and it really shouldn't be a button on the lock screen. (another design choice issue)
  • Home bar moving when in full screen landscape mode can be kind of odd since we're all used to having a static home button, but it makes sense, so I don't agree with the criticism here. 
  • I don't see how it's confusing to double press the home button to install an app, so again, I strongly disagree with the criticism here. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

42 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I watched 2 minutes. I don't waste my time with garbage. He's just complaining its too different and the older iPhone implementations of various tidbits are better. If he had eyes he would recognise its a different phone. I don't see why I should watch more of it. He should have structured the video better if he wanted his point made more clearly. Case closed.

And that's only 1/3 of the video. How could you know if his point was made clearly or not if you only watched 1/3 of the video.

PMSL

17 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

If he didn't like it so much maybe he shouldn't have bought it.

That's ridiculous.

If he didn't own the phone then I wouldn't be surprised if you had said "how does he know he doesn't like it if he doesn't own it?". That sentence, along with what you just said, are just victim blaming. You can apply one of these two sentences to anyone who has an issue with a product, and the consumer will always be to blame. That's wrong.

But if you watched the video you would see that he doesn't hate it. He actually says he thinks the phone is good. Good does not mean perfect though, and the things he points out seems like rational complaints. In fact, when @djdwosk97 summarized the complaints you agreed with them.

Also, you can't just dismiss criticism as "these aren't flaws, they're just different implementations".

The things he points out are flaws. They are "different implementations", sure, but they are also flawed implementations in some ways. Please note that I said "some ways" because some things has benefits and drawbacks. One implementation might have a big benefit, but also some drawback. You can't just brush that drawback under the rug and pretend like it doesn't exist. It's better to bring it to attention so that it might be fixed in the future. He even gives suggestions on how to fix some of the issues.

just make the entire back a camera lol

I wonder how the Hydrogen 1 does compared to apple and Samsung

I personally like the color saturation on same Samsung on smart phones

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing