Farcry 5 dx12

Ebony Falcon

Anyone know if it's gona be dx12 ? 

Also is it on a different engine than the last 2 because I can't deal with games tha run on 1 maxed out core anymore 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

I get all my 4 cores maxed out in plenty of games from last few years that run in DX11

Also DX12 still sucks and gains are miniscule over 11

• 6 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 3:13 PM, GitGud said:

I get all my 4 cores maxed out in plenty of games from last few years that run in DX11

Also DX12 still sucks and gains are miniscule over 11

DX12 is actually far superior if the game is developed on Radeon hardware. If the developers are using Nvidia hardware they are forced to implement Nvidia Proprietary instructions which are not truly optimized for DX12. To give you an example Radeons use True Asynchronous Compute which is a feature in DX12. Nvidia has a proprietary simulated asynch compute firmware implemented which may increase 5-10 fps on Nvidia hardware but not benefit AMD hardware. True Asynchronous Compute utilizes more of the GPU's hardware and increases performance anywhere from 15-20fps in most games. A couple of good examples are Forza 7 and Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus where Microsoft DX12's True Asynchronous Compute is used. When Ashes of the Singularity Launched it originally used True Asynchronous Compute and the Radeon's blew passed the Geforce cards but Nvidia had told them their hardware did not have support for that instruction and asked them to implement Nvidia's proprietary Simulated Asynch Compute instruction instead. When Stardock and Oxide Games were persuaded to do so the Radeon's performance dropped dramatically and the Geforce's performance increased significantly.

DirectX 12, at least from what I could gather, requires a lot of rethinking of how to do the graphics pipeline. It's a grossly oversimplification but it'd be like going from an already developed game engine to doing something on your own or going from something like Python to C. There are a lot more ways to screw up. If you don't don't it right, you'll get the same, if not worse performance and/or graphical fertility as DX11. Or in otherwords, DX11 holds your hand in a lot of ways, whereas DX12 says to the developers "put on your big boy pants."

Whether or not Ubisoft's developers are up to the task is another thing.

EDIT: I think to put it in another way the biggest difference between DX11 and DX12 can be summed up like this (from https://benchmarks.ul.com/news/2016/07):

Whether work placed in the COMPUTE queue is executed in parallel or in serial is ultimately the decision of the underlying driver. In DirectX 12, by placing items into a different queue the application is simply stating that it allows execution to take place in parallel - it is not a requirement, nor is there a method for making such a demand. This is similar to traditional multi-threaded programming for the CPU - by creating threads we allow and are prepared for execution to happen simultaneously. It is up to the OS to decide how it distributes the work.